Waiting on Tone Kraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting on Tone Kraft

Tone Kraft confirmed my small order with them [by email] on March 3 and I'm still waiting. They have not replied to phone calls and email as to info on the order.
    Should I hate them?

I think there are other threads on this forum floating around on this topic. Do a search.
    If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
    If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
    We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
    MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by eschertron View Post
      I think there are other threads on this forum floating around on this topic. Do a search.
      Yup, already did.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian W. View Post

Yup, already did.
        OK, then. I have nothing more to add, as I haven't placed any orders from them. Just thought I'd make sure you'd seen the relevant discussions
        MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by eschertron View Post

OK, then. I have nothing more to add, as I haven't placed any orders from them. Just thought I'd make sure you'd seen the relevant discussions
          I was wondering if anybody had any current experience with them [placing orders, etc.] since it appears they have a "spotty" history.

Comment

Have you tried PM'ing any of the MEFers who are known customers?

Comment

From DEC 29.2020
              "Ok, semi major announcement regarding ToneKraft. I just got off the phone with the owner. Obviously they were affected by the pandemic, but the main issue are as follows: One, they have very few people that are even showing up to work, some that are sick, some that are just not showing up, and they have to continue paying salaries.
              Two: they were affected and hit hard with supplier issues also because of the pandemic, suppliers not shipping supplies, and some back ordered.
              Three: they were having issues with their machine that makes the base plates and could not do anything until fixed, and they refused to use Asian suppliers.
              Four: Once businesses started opening back up and cranking again, places like Stewmac and a couple of other major pickup manufacturers ( yes I was surprised to learn this also) were placing massive orders and wanted them right away, so you can imagine as a business you are going to try and cater to your larger orders first, but they are slowly but surely catching up.
              To put this into a little perspective, the reason I had been calling and trying to speak to them was because of an order I placed at the end or May this year at the start of the pandemic. Once my order finally arrived it was missing the foam insert boxes because their foam supplier was out, and two, my engraved bobbins looked like horseshit. I had managed to speak with them about replacing my boxes and bobbins in early June, and I am just now able to hopefully get my order replaced. Thankfully I don't do alot of business myself usually very custom 1 off jobs as requested so I wasn't really in a huge bind other than the order I had placed the bobbins looked bad, and I had no box to present them in, so I lost money on that 1 order or 3 sets.
              So, if you do use ToneKraft like myself please be patient with them, and please continue to give them your business as they are struggling to stay open. ToneKraft as a supplier to us has been a valuable resource for many years, and I hope many more to come. they have ALWAYS! made an order right if something was wrong no questions asked, that can't be said for many places these days."

Comment

Originally posted by mozz View Post
                From DEC 29.2020
                "Ok, semi major announcement regarding ToneKraft. I just got off the phone with the owner. Obviously they were affected by the pandemic, but the main issue are as follows: One, they have very few people that are even showing up to work, some that are sick, some that are just not showing up, and they have to continue paying salaries.
                Two: they were affected and hit hard with supplier issues also because of the pandemic, suppliers not shipping supplies, and some back ordered.
                Three: they were having issues with their machine that makes the base plates and could not do anything until fixed, and they refused to use Asian suppliers.
                Four: Once businesses started opening back up and cranking again, places like Stewmac and a couple of other major pickup manufacturers ( yes I was surprised to learn this also) were placing massive orders and wanted them right away, so you can imagine as a business you are going to try and cater to your larger orders first, but they are slowly but surely catching up.
                To put this into a little perspective, the reason I had been calling and trying to speak to them was because of an order I placed at the end or May this year at the start of the pandemic. Once my order finally arrived it was missing the foam insert boxes because their foam supplier was out, and two, my engraved bobbins looked like horseshit. I had managed to speak with them about replacing my boxes and bobbins in early June, and I am just now able to hopefully get my order replaced. Thankfully I don't do alot of business myself usually very custom 1 off jobs as requested so I wasn't really in a huge bind other than the order I had placed the bobbins looked bad, and I had no box to present them in, so I lost money on that 1 order or 3 sets.
                So, if you do use ToneKraft like myself please be patient with them, and please continue to give them your business as they are struggling to stay open. ToneKraft as a supplier to us has been a valuable resource for many years, and I hope many more to come. they have ALWAYS! made an order right if something was wrong no questions asked, that can't be said for many places these days."
                So this announcement is their current state of affairs?

Comment

It's not a announcement, it's from someone on the cnc pickup winders forum who does business with them. There's many other replies of not answering the phone or emails so take that as you will.

Comment

It's not a announcement, it's from someone on the cnc pickup winders forum who does business with them. There's many other replies of not answering the phone or emails so take that as you will.
                    I'm wondering of other people are currently having the same problems with TK. My phone calls and messages to them [along with email to their business address] remain unanswered. I understand having problems but I have trouble accepting bad customer relations [especially after they have already accepted my payment]. Not a good business practice!

Comment

If you want staff dedicated 24/7 , automated mail acknowledgnent,etc. buy from a LARGE shop, such a Mouser, Digikey, Guitar Center, Musicianīs Friend, etc.
                      Or order straight from China.

If you deal with SMALL operations, and doubly so during a massive PANDEMIC, grow some patience.

Didnīt know their page ,just checked it, they offer CUSTOM kits (not chinese prepackaged ones) for prices such as bobbins for TEN bucks, baseplates for SEVEN bucks, flatwork for THREE bucks and you pretend somebody specially answering EMails or sitting by the phone?
                      Even at rock bottom Mc D salaries one such person costs some U$2000 a Month, or more.

And what about a reduced workforce plus supplier problems plus general PANDEMIC restrictions?

And you complain on a well known and respected Forum?

Get a life.
                      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
                        If you want staff dedicated 24/7 , automated mail acknowledgnent,etc. buy from a LARGE shop, such a Mouser, Digikey, Guitar Center, Musicianīs Friend, etc.
                        Or order straight from China.

If you deal with SMALL operations, and doubly so during a massive PANDEMIC, grow some patience.

Didnīt know their page ,just checked it, they offer CUSTOM kits (not chinese prepackaged ones) for prices such as bobbins for TEN bucks, baseplates for SEVEN bucks, flatwork for THREE bucks and you pretend somebody specially answering EMails or sitting by the phone?
                        Even at rock bottom Mc D salaries one such person costs some U$2000 a Month, or more.

And what about a reduced workforce plus supplier problems plus general PANDEMIC restrictions?

And you complain on a well known and respected Forum?

Get a life.
                        Welll.....that was nice and polite. So far I've experienced some "well known and respected" people on this forum and seem to get along with them just fine. You can be the exception if you prefer. . I deal with a few small dealers and they always respond in a timely manner to any problems personally . It just seems a bit unprofessional when a business won't give a heads-up to any delays [especially when they already have payment].

Comment

Have you tried Philadelphia luthiers?
                          https://www.philadelphialuthiertools.com/

Comment

Have you tried Philadelphia luthiers?
                            https://www.philadelphialuthiertools.com/
                            Yes, I deal with them periodically and like them / him a lot. I just put in an order with him. Thanx for the link!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian W. View Post

Welll.....that was nice and polite. So far I've experienced some "well known and respected" people on this forum and seem to get along with them just fine. You can be the exception if you prefer. . I deal with a few small dealers and they always respond in a timely manner to any problems personally . It just seems a bit unprofessional when a business won't give a heads-up to any delays [especially when they already have payment].
                              For a whiff of REALITY, Mesa Boogie! is having up to 7 Months delay under the current situation.
                              And MANY others.
                              Parts suppliers have been FULLY CLOSED for 3 Months!!!!

Read about it: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/in...elays.2197117/

Yet on that thread nobody "complains", just accepts reality.

Entitled millennials will differ, of course.
                              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
                              X