Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humbucker Keeper Bar -suppliers

hi gays !
    I am looking for keeper bars steel 1010. I've searched all over the internet and can't find it. I need dimensions 49.2 50 52 53 mm
    can someone specify the suppliers for me?
    I've been buying from PLT all the time, but for the last year they have been selling keeper bars of steel C45 or something similar under the guise of steel 1010 .
    but this has nothing to do with the truth. so don't offer to buy from them.

If exact alloy is important for you , buy 1 meter or 1 kilo of 1010 (I´m certain minimum sales apply) at some generic metals supplier and cut/file it into proper sized chunks.

Personally, it´ keeper bar, used only when pickup is not being used as such, zero influence on sound.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

The keeper in a HB PU has no mechanical function. It's not even threaded. Rather it's actually something like a pole shoe.
      It's purpose is to provide a low reluctance path between the magnet's pole face and the pole screws in order to utilize most of the magnet's flux and reduce stray field
      In a P-90 it also prevents mutual demagnetization of the 2 magnets.

So the magnetic properties of the keeper should have some influence on the PU's performance.
      - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

of course it's all about the sound. it matters.
        and yes, I would cut one or more pieces ... but I am constantly in need. today I need 100pc, in a week another 100.
        I'll be more like a locksmith if I saw through iron and sharpen screws
        I just want to find a ready-made solution.
        many suppliers do not even indicate the grade of steel, just an inscription for PAF, which is very doubtful

Comment

https://www.philadelphialuthiertools...49-2mm-qty-10/
          Jack Briggs

sigpic
          www.briggsguitars.com

forum.briggsguitars.com

Comment

PLT - in the first post I wrote about the problem with this store

Comment

You CLAIM a problem but offer no proof whatsoever.

They state 1010 so in principle it "should" be so, why do YOU say it´s not?

Have you performed any metallographic o chromatographic test at all?
              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
                You CLAIM a problem but offer no proof whatsoever.

They state 1010 so in principle it "should" be so, why do YOU say it´s not?

Have you performed any metallographic o chromatographic test at all?
                of course I ran tests before claiming this.
                that's why I'm looking for other suppliers.
                I could present evidence, but this is not an indictment post. This post is about finding other suppliers for keeper bar.

Comment

Originally posted by vitaliikit View Post

of course I ran tests before claiming this.
                  that's why I'm looking for other suppliers.
                  I could present evidence, but this is not an indictment post. This post is about finding other suppliers for keeper bar.
                  I wish you could be forthcoming with your evidence. Not that it matters, but the keepers that you claim they're misrepresenting are machined rather than stamped as most others are. Don't keep us in suspense.....

cheers,
                  Jack Briggs

sigpic
                  www.briggsguitars.com

forum.briggsguitars.com

Comment

Would love to see proof, i.e. analysis results. It might help others.

C45 is a common construction steel, corresponding to 1045, which has a 3 times higher carbon content than 1010.
                    Higher carbon content lowers permeability.

What made you test the steel? Could you hear a difference?

Did you complain to PLT about the material change?
                    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/guitar-Humbuc.../dp/B07RF9B3NL
                      There are various parts for sale.
                      If you want a particular material and construction, you will probably need to have your parts custom made.
                      I agree, your OP was looking for another source, and not an Indictment of PLT.
                      GL,
                      T
                      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                      Terry

Comment

Inquiring minds want to know.

I also bought from PLT in the past.
                        - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post

Did you complain to PLT about the material change?
                          yes, I have corresponded many times with Kenny.
                          I told him, and I say the same here .. I do not blame the PLT, they have great service and speed .. but sometimes the advertising of the product and the product itself are different.
                          I just want to buy keeper bars 1010 (I bought good bars 1010 from PLT in 2018 -2019, but now they are not there).
                          I search everywhere ... and I do not understand the problem -keeper bars 1010 disappeared everywhere.

Comment

hi gays !

My eyes were slow the first time......

Jack Briggs

sigpic
                            www.briggsguitars.com

forum.briggsguitars.com

Comment

hi gays !
                              I am looking for keeper bars steel 1010. I've searched all over the internet and can't find it. I need dimensions 49.2 50 52 53 mm
                              can someone specify the suppliers for me?
                              I've been buying from PLT all the time, but for the last year they have been selling keeper bars of steel C45 or something similar under the guise of steel 1010 .
                              but this has nothing to do with the truth. so don't offer to buy from them.
                              If you're just needing low quantities, I would consider making them yourselves. You can buy a small quantities of the correct size steel from EMJ (earl m jorgensen) metals. They're the only company ive come across that stock it. They stock it for Deering Banjo who uses it for hoops or something. I cant remember if they stocked 1010, 1018 or both. Metallurgically it was VERY similar to a real PAF keeper - I had the alloy lab tested.

Comment

Working...
                              X