Gibson Dirty fingers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweetfinger View Post
    as for accuracy of the Gibson press release when they say the DF pickups were available only "on a select few" models", those select few were:...
    You left off the ES-347.. they clearly list this, and as you saw many people had these guitars with the accompanying literature that said they had Dirty Fingers installed. The guy who brought me the 347 had this info. It was a NOS guitar. He got the guitar from Clay Smith of Kool and the Gang (who was also one of my customers).

But the bottom line is.. how many Gibson humbuckers are 16K? That's the only question that needs to be answered. The DF's are 16K. The ones I had are 16K. Super Humbuckers are not 16K. Gibson didn't install SH's in 347's. Therefore those were covered DF's.

Why do you insist you are the only person that knows anything about Gibson guitars? And it's not a pissing contest, since I listed a whole bunch of sources, including Vintage Guitar, that say the 347 had covered, epoxy filled Dirty Fingers. It's pretty much a fact.

Maybe we need to ask Bill Lawrence...
    Last edited by David Schwab; 10-23-2006, 03:48 PM.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Does'nt the D.F hsve pat#'s?

The set I have is PAt#2,737,842. It looks Identical to the submited pic, but the specs are different. South side facing bridge= 8.25
      North side (slug side)=8.35
      Same material as the picture.........just an ohm hotter basically.
      * 3 1/4 in ceramic mags. Two flank magnets 6mm, 1 bar magnet at 60mm long.
      * Bar magnet is also glued in place, as it is too narrow to touch the keepers (reminds me of the Air buckers). Seems to use Solderon w/44 awg. Small 1.5mm gap from center bobbin, Egde. Could be 43 awg, but unlikely. 16.6k, +.10k offset to the (SLUG) north pole.
      I never checked the pat #, but the specs are from a crazy old mate,,,,,,

Comment

Working...
      X