Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pickupbuilders.com? Anyone have experience with them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickupbuilders.com? Anyone have experience with them?

https://pickupbuilders.com
    They've got a stunning array of non-standard pickup parts that puts to shame pretty much every supplier I've ever come across and their prices are quite reasonable but I'm sort of catching an odd vibe from them. For one thing, I haven't found a single review anywhere and nor have I seen any mention of them here using the search function. Also, the functionality of the website is very poor, it doesn't appear as if you can't actually order anything. You can browse through the different items on the site but you can't put anything in a cart. They're based in the US out of Los Angeles which is a big selling point for me as I generally prefer to avoid the risk/hassle of importing stuff directly. If they are legit it would open up a whole new world of possibilities for various project ideas I have, hopefully it's not a too good to be true kind of situation.
    "One experiment is worth a thousand expert opinions...."

Tried emailing them many times & the email message has failed . so it's just a dream as far as I know .
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
      Tried emailing them many times & the email message has failed . so it's just a dream as far as I know .
      So it isn't just me who's having a problem. I also tried emailing them numerous times since the site first went up (I think it was in 2020) and I never got a reply. After I posted this the other day, I tried emailing them again and I got a failed delivery notification. It's quite bizarre to me they've had a nonfunctional website up for all these years if they're not in business, why keep paying for a domain name and all the other other costs an online vendor is responsible for?
      I found something interesting though, there's another (functional) website that appears to be run by the same vendor selling guitar parts but not pickup parts:

https://qparts.com/contact-us/

I might try giving them a call to find out what the deal is with the pickupbuilders.com site. I'm not really in a hurry to hand them money at this point but with the sheer plethora of pickup parts they've got listed, it's worth a shot trying to find out for sure whether the dream is too good to be true. What a shame if it is because they'd own the pickup parts market overnight when compared with the slowly dwindling inventory variety being offered by the existing US based vendors.
      Last edited by capehead; 04-06-2022, 10:49 PM.
      "One experiment is worth a thousand expert opinions...."

Comment

Ooh! Investigative electro-journalism! Dig up the dirt, mate!
        --
        I build and repair guitar amps
        http://amps.monkeymatic.com

Comment

Looks exactly like woosung chorus parts also known as WSC- korean manufacture but you have to purchase quite a bit and shipping gets pricey.

Comment

Working...
          X