Factory supply for the good humbucker bobbins and decent polepieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory supply for the good humbucker bobbins and decent polepieces

Hi Everyone, just landed a sweet job and have been tasked with setting up pickup winding in house. I'm trying to track down the factory supply of all the parts we need. I know where to get all the baseplates and covers. I'm trying to find out which factory makes the nice humbucker bobbins that everyone uses, the ones sold at mojotone and Philadelphia luthier that have V, F and R on the back to specify spacing.

Also trying to find a good supplier of pole screws and slugs, in 1018. Also decent keeperbars, as the ones they sell at honeybee aren't very good.

would greatly appreciate any leads on where these come from.

cheers

Custom made punches, dies, injection molds (about $3,000 for each piece of the bobbin / flatwork, slugs, keeper bars. magnet houses for magnets. Your eyes will pop when you find out how much an injection mold costs to have made for each type of bobbin - humbucker, P90, covers, etc.... unless you buy from China or Korea. Custom made winding fixtures to be used on capable winding machines (home built or commercial...not stew mac, etc. 1/4 - 1/2 Hp speed controlled DC motors, winding counters, tensioners, traverse mechanisms, either custom made or commercial. How deep are your pockets?

Comment

Originally posted by jop120 View Post
      Hi Everyone, just landed a sweet job and have been tasked with setting up pickup winding in house. I'm trying to track down the factory supply of all the parts we need. I know where to get all the baseplates and covers. I'm trying to find out which factory makes the nice humbucker bobbins that everyone uses, the ones sold at mojotone and Philadelphia luthier that have V, F and R on the back to specify spacing.

Also trying to find a good supplier of pole screws and slugs, in 1018. Also decent keeperbars, as the ones they sell at honeybee aren't very good.

would greatly appreciate any leads on where these come from.

cheers
      I think you are sniffing in the wrong country .it's not the 1970's
      "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean, I'm not sniffing around any one country in particular, just trying to find the name of the factory that makes those bobbins, so we can bypass the parts suppliers and buy in large volume. If you've got any idea where they come from, it'd be appreciated.

Comment

globalsources, made-in-china, etc....shipping charges nowadays might be eye-watering unless you buy in massive bulk.

Comment

I've already been through all the places like that and can only find the cheapo crappy bobbins.
            looking for the nice ones as described in the original post, you know, the ones you get if you order from the likes of mojotone and philadelphia luthier.
            we're looking to be ordering bobbins by the thousands, so no issue with shipping.

Comment

you have to contract with an injection molding house to have molds built, based on the plastic you will be using for the pickup bobbins. (https://www.proto-mold.com/) comes to mind.

Comment

Working...
              X