No announcement yet.

Where Can I buy Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Tee. They are putting a site up now so they will not have to do Ebay anymore. I think that has been part of the issue with getting ahold of them. I know they are tired of Ebay at this point.
    Shut up and play

Peace and Tone The Rain Mann

Comment

I always just emailed them when i wanted something & browsed via ebay
      & that worked mostly
      I always assumed Dennis or Hannah was overwhelmed by a zillion (1 magnets orders) for the swappers all over the planet from the popular forums

Anyway i'm glad we can contact them again & i am interested in some stuff
      "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Hey guys!!!! They are avaliable right now!! I got them in! <3 Email me if you are interested!! Also got strat tubing!!!! <3

Addiction-fx@hotmail.com!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
          The object of rewinding is to 1. Save Money 2. Make a better Pickup than Stock
          3. Better Quality for less money than stock 4. Make something a bit different than norm
          In my case, it's usually 5. fix something you broke.

Later,
          -rb
          DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee
            Who is You?
            You quoted me, so is the You supposed to be Me?
            This reminds me of dialog from Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
            "No, I meant my wife. Your wife is Martha."
            Or something like that.

-rb
            DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

My #1 reason to start rewinding was I was only working on vintage guitars for many years (mostly Fender) and dead pickups were very common. The CBS stuff I had a local guy winding and older stuff went to a couple different people. I used Jim Rolph (we used to chat on the phone quite a bit in the 90's) and a guy named Peter Leonard in Canada. The local guy didn't have an eye for detail and I was getting pickups that should have had 42 PE back with 44 pink poly. Peter did a great job, was very reasonable, and had a good eye, so I started sending him everything, but it would slow down my turn around time shipping and such so I started rewinding on my own.

Comment

Please keep this thread on track so beginners will read it and have ideas where to buy parts.
                If you have additional Places to buy parts please list them here.
                Right now I buy most things from Mojo.
                A few things from StewMac, and GuitarParts USA.
                Thanks,
                Terry
                "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                Terry

Comment

Ok. Find your local electronics surplus warehouses and paw around. Ham radio conventions will yield useful items as well. The best deals require effort and work and are not as easy and placing an order.

Comment

Where does everyone buy pickup tape?
                    I have used the paper and fabric pickup tape from Stewmac.
                    I just hate to make an order for Paper tape.
                    Any cheaper places to buy that kind of stuff.
                    Thanks,
                    T
                    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                    Terry

Comment

Where does everyone buy pickup tape?
                      I have used the paper and fabric pickup tape from Stewmac.
                      I just hate to make an order for Paper tape.
                      Any cheaper places to buy that kind of stuff.
                      I buy black paper tape from art supply stores.
                      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                        I buy black paper tape from art supply stores.
                        Me too. I've found a quick wipe on / wipe off of a few drops of olive oil gives the paper tape the wet aged look. You know... if you're into that sort of thing. Otherwise you're just making a humbucker salad. I think it allows the adhesive to bleed through the paper faster than normal. I don't actually leave any oil on for more than a few seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by ReWind View Post
                          Me too. I've found a quick wipe on / wipe off of a few drops of olive oil gives the paper tape the wet aged look. You know... if you're into that sort of thing. Otherwise you're just making a humbucker salad. I think it allows the adhesive to bleed through the paper faster than normal. I don't actually leave any oil on for more than a few seconds.
                          Wouldn't that make the tape come loose?
                          I'm not in to any of that aging Stuff.
                          I like my things I build to look Shiney and new!
                          T
                          Terry

Comment

Wouldn't that make the tape come loose?
                            I'm not in to any of that aging Stuff.
                            I like my things I build to look Shiney and new!
                            T
                            No, not at all. I only use a few drops and I wipe it on and right off a few seconds later. It just softens the outside of the tape and seems to accelerate the natural aging. Here's a photo (not great lighting, sorry):

...but if you like new and shiny, you probably wouldn't be into it.

Comment

Originally posted by ReWind View Post
                              No, not at all. I only use a few drops and I wipe it on and right off a few seconds later. It just softens the outside of the tape and seems to accelerate the natural aging. Here's a photo (not great lighting, sorry):

...but if you like new and shiny, you probably wouldn't be into it.
                              That really looks nice.
                              You do nice Work!
                              I don't build mine like that, and I always use insulated Lead wire.
                              If I don't use covers I tape the outside with the fabric tape.
                              I always use a shorter leg base plate also.
                              Did I mention I don't do Vintage!
                              Keep Rockin!
                              T
                              Last edited by big_teee; 04-11-2012, 02:48 PM.
                              Terry

Comment

Thanks, man! The fluorescent lighting makes them look a little yellow, but you get the idea. I was mostly just trying to show how the paper tape can get that look.

Comment

Working...
                                X