Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground/induction loop question

Hi all,
    I'm looking inside a tele thinline copy and I notice that the bridge is grounding the circuit with a wire running under the pan to the tone pot. This is OK but I notice that my bridge pickup is grounded to it's metal baseplate. My question is whether this could cause an induction or ground loop??? Shouldn't a circuit like this have only one ground?
    Can I disco the ground on the pickup baseplate as the circuit is earthed to the bridge?
    A few eccentricities about the guitar are that it has a Hilotron single coil toaster in the neck and it also has an aluminum bridge pan and a bigsby tremelo.
    thanks

You do need the ground connected to both places. The baseplate for the P'up provides a ground "plane" but the bridge is the actual ground. Because YOU are the ground when your touching the strings. Ever notice how there's more hum when you lift your hand from the metal on your guitar???
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
    X