Single coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
    That's true, but it makes it sound more Gibsonish. I have a FirstAct GarageMaster, which is built like a LP Jr, and has a T-O-M bridge, and 2 humbuckers. It's 25.5 scale like a Fender. It doesn't sound like a Gibson, and has a lot of twang like a Tele.

Longer scale instruments are have more twang, while shorter scales are tubbier sounding. This is also true for basses.

But obviously sticking a short scale neck on a Strat won't make it sound like a LP either, but it also doesn't sound exactly like a Strat.

Here's one I built for someone that uses a Gibson scale length "conversion neck":

It had more of a Gibson vibe than that of a Strat.
    The Matching Truss Rod cover is a nice Touch!
    Oh the possibilities are endless.
    B_T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
      The Matching Truss Rod cover is a nice Touch!
      Oh the possibilities are endless.
      B_T
      Thanks!

That guitar started its life as a Kramer Night Swan. The customer brought me the body, a Warmoth neck, and the plastic for the pickguard. The body didn't have a pickguard originally and the pickups were in a different location.

So I had to make the pickguard and do a lot of routing no the body to get the whole thing to work.

He brings me guitars all the time. The last one I did was the "pinup caster" Tele I posted here. I asked him about how this guitar was and he said "oh, I sold that"
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

I always loved that Night Swan that had the lightning storm paint job -It was pretty cool back in the day
        "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Hmmmm....well to get back to the original question. There probably is no single represnetation of the "benchmark" vintage sound. You could probably list songs and artist that are personally represensative but it would simply be interpretation. If I had to describe it I think I would use two words in unison to make a new word - Cleansparkle. At least thats the way I see it.

Comment

Working...
          X