What way do you wind Pup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What way do you wind Pup

Clock or counter clockwise Want to rewind all the old Strat pup I ruined yrs ago playing EVH

I would love to hear someone explain why it even matters which direction the coil of wire goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
      I would love to hear someone explain why it even matters which direction the coil of wire goes.
      It doesn't matter which way you wind them.
      I've read that Traditionally Humbuckers were wound CCW.
      Fender Wound their Single Coils every which way through the years.
      In the 70s Fender went to CW South Up on Bridge and Neck, and CCW North Up on the Middle.
      Most of us wind on the end of the winder that Easiest to work on.
      I wind most of mine Counter ClockWise.
      If I rewind something Vintage that was wound Clockwise, I always wind it back that way.
      Later,
      Terry
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

I wind everything clockwise.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
          I wind everything clockwise.
          I need to swap out with you.
          You wind one way and I wind the Other.
          Together RWRP.
          Just Kiddin!
          T
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
            In the 70s Fender went to CW South Up on Bridge and Neck, and CCW North Up on the Middle.
            Fender didn't start making specific middle pickups for Stratocasters until the early 80's (they came along with the change to molded bobbins). They didn't even come with 5 way switches until 76 (which meant there was no use for a reverse wind). Fender was always very behind the curve on these things. They did make reverse wound/reverse polarity pickups as far back as 1956 on Duo Sonics, but the Strat was never meant to combine more than one pickup at a time, so they never used this technology until it hit the aftermarket.

Comment

Originally posted by dumbassbob View Post
              Clock or counter clockwise Want to rewind all the old Strat pup I ruined yrs ago playing EVH
              Well Bob, which way did you wind it?
              I hope it turned out Good!
              T
              Terry

Comment

I will let you know I am going to use a drill as a winder,I need to make a jig to hold the bobbin on and a wire guide, any suggestions???

Comment

Originally posted by dumbassbob View Post
                  I will let you know I am going to use a drill as a winder,I need to make a jig to hold the bobbin on and a wire guide, any suggestions???
                  Are you using a 3/8s or 1/2 Inch Drill?
                  T
                  Terry

Comment

3/8ths it has a varispeed I saw on stew-mac that you can rig it up but I need to make a plate to turn the pup What do I need to do??

Comment

Working...
                    X