Why Did You Start Winding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    It may have had something to do with removing the cover from a commercial pickup and tearing the coil. Maybe.
    It probably also started with a column by Jeff Baxter in Guitar Player, stumbling onto a cheap roll of #42, and wanting far more variety in pickups than I could afford.
    Don't forget the "What If Scenario" That applies to Pickups, guitar, and Amp Mods.
    What if I did this over here, and did this a little different over There.
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
      Don't forget the "What If Scenario" That applies to Pickups, guitar, and Amp Mods.
      T
      Oh, that is currently a regular motive for winding. Since it's something I do for pleasure rather than for business, as some here do, I have the complete liberty to pursue a what-if motive. And given that I don't gig, I don't have any time pressures or tonal requirements either. Having had the opportunity to acquire rolls of #36 through #44 very cheaply, I have naught but open road in front of me.

Comment

I'd say 4. There were (and still are) no such pickups available I wanted. Of course being a sort of Gyro Gearloose helped quite a bit.
        Marko

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
          T
          Yes, the "what ifs" are a big part of my tinkering on almost every level.

Comment

Working...
          X