This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
    That is a fun website. I used to love getting a new radio Shack catalog! Then they started charging for them, and shortly after that the place went down hill.

They've gotten a little better now for DIYers, but it sure win;t like it was back in the 70s/80s. Fun times!
    The prices on some things were great but they were always high on new trend items. Look at the prices from the 70's.... CB radios were up to 4, 5, or $600. That was a lot of $$$$ in the mid '70's

The stores used to have a lot of good stuff though. Today you're lucky if you can find a 470 ohm resistor in the store.

Comment

• In Oz the place was called Tandy Electronics but it was the same company, they're gone from these shores now. I can get a 470R resistor still but that's about it in Oz, you can't buy a pencil here.

Comment

• Originally posted by big_teee View Post
        born in 49.
        T
        Jeez !!!!! I'm just a tadpole compared to you guys ,Hendrix already bit the Biscuit when I was born
        "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

• Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
          Jeez !!!!! I'm just a tadpole compared to you guys ,Hendrix already bit the Biscuit when I was born
          Yes I agree, I'm an old Fart!
          Ward isn't too far behind, he said he was a 54 Model.
          What year model are you Copper?
          T
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

Comment

• Anybody have for any use for any .710" x .195 A5 rod magnets?
              I just found a small bag that I know I'll never use.
              I'd be willing to trade for any Alnico rods that are shorter than .710".
              A 2 thru A5, .195" or .187" dia, doesn't matter.

Thanks
              Rob.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stratz View Post
                Anybody have for any use for any .710" x .195 A5 rod magnets?

Thanks
                Rob.
                Just curious if you know where they came from.
                Are they recent, or NOS.
                T
                "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                Terry

Comment

• I doubt they're NOS Terry because I know that I got them from a woman that used to work with me about 4 years ago. Her ex husband had a stash of materials for building and I bought the whole lot from her.
                  The parts I mainly use came from all different vendors. I save the old NOS parts that I get from my father for special builds.

Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by Stratz View Post
                    Anybody have for any use for any .710" x .195 A5 rod magnets?

Thanks
                    Rob.
                    Hey Rob, how many you got, I'd take em but shipping to Oz may be a drama. I've ordered a new lot so I can ditch the dull Sensmag ones I lumbered myself with but the 710s are good with the woodys esp for Tele bridge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
                      Hey Rob, how many you got,
                      Rough count looks like about 100+/-
                      Most likely Stew Mac magnets as all bags in the box of parts I bought are from SM

Rob

Comment

I've ordered a new lot so I can ditch the dull Sensmag ones I lumbered myself
                        The Sensmag magnets ....are they dull sounding or dull looking ?

Comment

• Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
                          The Sensmag magnets ....are they dull sounding or dull looking ?
                          The strat pickups I wound using the Sensmag A5 rods are dullish sounding, I haven't used any of the A5 bars yet but the strat pickups lack the usual brightness, I thought they might be OK for the bridge pickup but I'm hoping the new lot are more like the AD FX ones I've been using. I've read here a few times where people say mags are not all the same from different suppliers and different batches even and now I have first hand experience, a bit of a shock and money wasted, really hoping the new lot are good.

Comment

The strat pickups I wound using the Sensmag A5 rods are dullish sounding, I haven't used any of the A5 bars yet but the strat pickups lack the usual brightness, I thought they might be OK for the bridge pickup but I'm hoping the new lot are more like the AD FX ones I've been using. I've read here a few times where people say mags are not all the same from different suppliers and different batches even and now I have first hand experience, a bit of a shock and money wasted, really hoping the new lot are good.
                            Thanks Ward

Comment

• It's a lazy Saturday Morning!
                              What is everyone up to today?
                              Got the Winder Spinning Already?
                              T
                              Terry

Comment

• Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                                It's a lazy Saturday Morning!
                                What is everyone up to today?
                                Got the Winder Spinning Already?
                                T
                                On vacation for a few days in Gros Morne National Park
                                gros morne - Google Search
                                Gros Morne National Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Working...
                                X