X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's StratzOcaster tonight?
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

• It's weird! Knock on wood.
      I've never had a double post, ever.
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

• Originally posted by big_teee View Post
        It's weird! Knock on wood.
        I've never had a double post, ever.
        Yeah knock on wood. I haven't either. But I do get logged out a lot before I can post, I have to log in again.
        www.sonnywalton.com
        How many guitars do you need? Just one more.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonnyW View Post
          Yeah knock on wood. I haven't either. But I do get logged out a lot before I can post, I have to log in again.
          I have the box checked to keep me logged in automatically.
          All I do is click on the MEF shortcut, and it logs me in automatically.
          I just logged out, and back in.
          It is the check box that says "Remember Me".
          Terry

Comment

I have the box checked to keep me logged in automatically.
            All I do is click on the MEF shortcut, and it logs me in automatically.
            I just logged out, and back in.
            It is the check box that says "Remember Me".
            I have that box checked, but the problem is even if I am logged in, If I start to write a post and take too long, when I hit the post reply button it logs me out. I have copy my longer posts, and log back in again and paste them quickly then post or it will do it again. Pain in the kazoo. I think it might be because I am on several forums that use this same software and there is some cookie or something that is causing it. On the other forum it doesn't do it.
            www.sonnywalton.com

Comment

• Got this today from Mojotone.
              New Pickup Parts they are going to offer for us!

"I am working on the split-jazz parts today.
              Probably going to have the 51 P-bass parts up soon too.
              I may offer a split version of this also.
              The wide range humbucker is around the corner as is the Thunderbird.
              New nickel silver parts should be online soon. They will cost more but are of a higher quality".
              Terry

Comment

Got this today from Mojotone.

New nickel silver parts should be online soon. They will cost more but are of a higher quality".
                I wonder what nickel silver parts they are going to carry ?
                "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

• Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
                  I wonder what nickel silver parts they are going to carry ?
                  I don't know.
                  What is a wide range Humbucker, Oh I think that is the fender 3 up and 3 down, maybe.
                  I would trade all of those parts, for some vintage white Mini Bobbins.
                  Terry

Comment

I don't know.
                    What is a wide range Humbucker, Oh I think that is the fender 3 up and 3 down, maybe.
                    I would trade all of those parts, for some vintage white Mini Bobbins.
                    Yes, the wide range thing is the 3 up 3 down, but with the special cunife threaded magnets. Lover didn't want to just copy what he had done for Gibson, though that was what Fender hired him to do at the time IMO.

Vintage white paint is the answer also IMO.
                    Last edited by SonnyW; 09-14-2012, 03:11 AM.
                    www.sonnywalton.com

Comment

Got this today from Mojotone.

I guess I am missing something, what are the new parts they are offering? I couldn't link to anything specific from the post.
                      www.sonnywalton.com

Comment

I guess I am missing something, what are the new parts they are offering? I couldn't link to anything specific from the post.
                        These are new parts being offered by Mojo.
                        I got an email today.
                        The split Jazz is a 2 flatwork bobbin Jazz bucker.
                        The 51P will be the one piece P-Bass P/U.
                        They may also offer in a split bucker model.
                        The Wide Range, I'm not sure about, probably like the PAF but with 3 poles high, 3 low.
                        Thunderbird, maybe is a bass pickup, not sure.
                        And they say they are going to offer some dif. Silver Parts.
                        All of these are not yet available, but in the works.
                        Hope that helps.
                        T
                        Terry

Comment

• Talked to Tom@mojo today on phone, but it was totally about something else. Didn't ask about all the new parts. But I'm really glad they have as many parts as they do have available though. Much better than in the past with GJ etc. Honestly it is all I can handle right now to experiment with the ones that they have already got, between my other models. I am really excited about the mini baby blade buckers (MB3's) as we have been calling them. Not sure they really like that name though. The few parts I have experimented with have been great. I have made two of them, and it is starting to get there now. I know you have had some success with those MB3's also T. I'm all for more part choices. I seriously need to spend a lot more time on the L500/ Dimebucker type full size HB blade parts. The one prototype I did with them so far has been really great sounding in my tests. It's not 100% my genre, but there are lots of customers for that style.
                          www.sonnywalton.com

Comment

• The only ones I've asked about lately were the vintage white Baby Bobbins.
                            And when I was messing with the headless bass, I asked if they could share the flatwork to the jazz Buzzkill.
                            He said it was coming to the public, but was not available right then.
                            Then Earlier, I was instrumental in getting the HB sized No-Hole, and Center Hole Cover.
                            I think they sell a lot of those, cause that time we wanted the center hole they were out of them.
                            The large blade Buckers can be tuned like other pickups.
                            Less or more Turns, bigger, or smaller wire, and more or less gauss.
                            The Options look pretty endless.
                            I have had good luck making ceramics more mellow, by dropping the gauzz just a bit.
                            I haven't heard anymore about the cheap Strat P/Us, I guess the guy gave up!
                            T
                            Terry

Comment

The only ones I've asked about lately were the vintage white Baby Bobbins.
                              And when I was messing with the headless bass, I asked if they could share the flatwork to the jazz Buzzkill.
                              He said it was coming to the public, but was not available right then.
                              Then Earlier, I was instrumental in getting the HB sized No-Hole, and Center Hole Cover.
                              I think they sell a lot of those, cause that time we wanted the center hole they were out of them.
                              The large blade Buckers can be tuned like other pickups.
                              Less or more Turns, bigger, or smaller wire, and more or less gauss.
                              The Options look pretty endless.
                              I have had good luck making ceramics more mellow, by dropping the gauzz just a bit.
                              I haven't heard anymore about the cheap Strat P/Us, I guess the guy gave up!
                              T
                              Try not to lose touch with the cheap strat guy, right now I could maybe be cheaper than China in bulk for low volume. I'd like to think so anyway. Beat them at their own game, and cover my overhead in the process.
                              www.sonnywalton.com

Comment

Try not to lose touch with the cheap strat guy, right now I could maybe be cheaper than China in bulk for low volume. I'd like to think so anyway. Beat them at their own game, and cover my overhead in the process.
                                I know what your saying, but I refuse to sacrifice tone and quality just to meet a price.
                                I had just a soon he come up with more money, or do something else.
                                He's one of these guys always trying to come up with the get rich quick schemes. lol
                                So what can you make a beveled bobbin on one end, 2-.710, and 4x .688, A5.
                                No dipping no taping, and no magnet charging for?
                                Minus shipping, all spaced at .430"?
                                PM will be fine.
                                T
                                Magnets anywhere close to those lengths, either .188, or .195
                                Terry

Comment

Working...
                                X