Tele Bridge Pickup No Baseplate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
    If your going to go to that much trouble, you might as well use insulated Shielded pair with ground.
    I can't tell any adverse effect of just uing a pair, and the bridge is near the control cavity, so the leads are short.
    If Noise is an issue, install a blade pickup, they are real quiet.

It's no trouble.

It's a good grounding tip I read for heading off any issues that future modifications to the guitar may cause. (by some tech
    that writes in a guitar mag I get)

I haven't wound any blade pickups yet and haven't had any noise issues yet but appreciate the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwannano View Post
      It's no trouble.

It's a good grounding tip I read for heading off any issues that future modifications to the guitar may cause. (by some tech
      that writes in a guitar mag I get)

I haven't wound any blade pickups yet and haven't had any noise issues yet but appreciate the info.
      Sounds Good, and Whatever works for you, that is the main thing.
      I used to read hunting magazines all the time, when I was younger.
      I figured out later in life that most of the writers knew less about actual hunting, than most of us hunters.
      Keep in mind on the Guitar Teching, Your guitar magazine writer, may know less about guitars and pickups, than most of us here!
      T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

Sounds Good, and Whatever works for you, that is the main thing.
        I used to read hunting magazines all the time, when I was younger.
        I figured out later in life that most of the writers knew less about actual hunting, than most of us hunters.
        Keep in mind on the Guitar Teching, Your guitar magazine writer, may know less about guitars and pickups, than most of us here!
        T
        I believe both ways would/will work for me and will probably continue doing both.
        The addition of the grounding wire to the existing pup was quick and easy ...with same results.

I quit hunting some years back. I learned from hunting with peers in my area....LA.

If the tech in that mag is off base...that's his trip. It's probably one of the top two guitar mags. so if he's shootin' high
        and to the left he'll probably hear about it.
        It usually doesn't take me long to find out what's going to work for me or not and the reasons.
        I sure enough have respect for those trying to help others even if they may have different ways and have no reason
        to question the caliber of members here.

Best regards,
        Michael

Comment

I'm going to buy a couple of sets of these and experiment with them.
          Fixing to buy a beater Lefty so I can experiment with them.
          There is also the option to use the fiber inserts instead of rod magnets.
          So you would end up with bar magnets on the bottom with pole screws.
          Supposed to be an alternative to a P90, but it fits the Tele bridge, with pole screws.
          The downside the fiber inserts are $1.49 each and it takes six of them.
          Mojo Pickup Parts » 2115390 Mojotone Tele Bridge Flatwork Top and Bottom Set (for .187'' dia. magnets)
          Mojo Pickup Parts » Mojotone Phenolic Standoff with 5/40 thread (.187" x .565")
          That would be an interesting experiment, a P90 in a Tele Bridge? Hummm
          Back to the O.P.
          I'm fixing to order from Mojo, and due to several other projects in the works, going to postpone trying the mojo T90 for now.
          If anyone else tries this please post results here, also the method used for grounding without the baseplate?
          Thanks,
          T
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

Working...
          X