Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parts, & Parts Suppliers

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Parts, & Parts Suppliers

    We need a thread here about Parts & Parts Suppliers!
    If you have any hot scoop on parts and parts Suppliers, please post it here!
    Thanks,
    T
    Last edited by big_teee; 08-24-2016, 09:26 PM.


    "If Wishes Were Horses, Beggars Would Ride!" Scottish Proverb 1600s
    Terry

  • #2
    Maybe I'm not seeing it ,but whats on clearance I only see some plastic covers & .250" strat flatwork
    clearance - mojotone.com
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

    Comment


    • #3
      I've noticed they got bulk 50 pc strat sets added Mojotone Strat Flatwork Top and Bottom Set (for .187'' dia.) BULK
      which works out to be $1.72 a piece which jumped up in price a little
      "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

      Comment


      • #4
        Hopefully they won't get carried away deleting items.
        It's the off norm stuff that is harder to find.
        T


        "If Wishes Were Horses, Beggars Would Ride!" Scottish Proverb 1600s
        Terry

        Comment


        • #5
          I grabbed some of the Champion Lap Steel flatwork that's on the way out.

          Comment


          • #6
            Perhaps this thread would be of interest:
            http://music-electronics-forum.com/t34178/
            "Everything is better with a tube. I have a customer with an all-tube pacemaker. His heartbeat is steady, reassuring and dependable, not like a modern heartbeat. And if it goes wrong he can fix it himself. You can't do that with SMD." - Mick Bailey

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by g-one View Post
              Perhaps this thread would be of interest:
              http://music-electronics-forum.com/t34178/
              Yes, Thought we could further discuss it here.
              T
              Last edited by big_teee; 09-05-2013, 07:44 PM.


              "If Wishes Were Horses, Beggars Would Ride!" Scottish Proverb 1600s
              Terry

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                We need a thread up here about Mojo.
                I noticed all the stuff on clearance.
                Mojo is in the process of phasing out Some of the pickup part selection.
                Tell me again how the Wal-Mart Approach with less selection is going to Improve what we offer Our Customers.
                Time for more suppliers.
                Things were much better Last year.
                There was more selection and better service.
                Still looks like Mojo wants less Pickup competition with the Mojo Pickup line.
                That's my 2 Cents.
                Feel free to Discuss away!
                T
                Sam's choice pickups! LOL! Seriously, we aren't going to cut parts that people are buying. We are simply going to up the quantities on these parts and phase out the dead weight. I have added a ton of new parts this year that are selling very well for us. Far more than we are actually cutting or discontinuing. I hope this helps!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Just Don't forget the Little Guys!
                  You have been making lots of changes this year.
                  One thing I don't care for is the group packaging your doing.
                  I used to buy rod magnets by the piece, now you have to buy 6 of each size.
                  Same with Strat plastic knobs.
                  I used to buy several different colors in difference sizes.
                  I bought them in 3s, of each color, one volume, and 2 tone.
                  Now you have to buy 2 volume knobs of each color.
                  So if you buy 2 tone knobs, and 2 Vol. knobs, you have the Bastard Vol. knob leftover.
                  Why do you need an extra volume knob, Also Everything seems to be going up in price.
                  Tubes alone, went up about a third this year.
                  Wages don't seem to be going up, but your prices sure are.
                  Also if you would quit redesigning your web site every other week, maybe you could keep your prices lower.
                  That is my Rant for the Day.
                  T


                  "If Wishes Were Horses, Beggars Would Ride!" Scottish Proverb 1600s
                  Terry

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Lol Terry...you got me feeling like I need to rant!

                    The internet has been great at finding parts for builders but since no place seems to be able to put together
                    an outfit that offers a great selection with fair pricing one ends up losing a lot from shipping charges. That's been
                    my experience anyway with 8+ guitar builds.

                    I like Mojo but it's silly for me not to get the pup parts from......a place that also has a pretty good selection of all the
                    materials for a build. Saving pennies if I can at Mojo when I loose dollars in shipping...can't work that way.

                    So from my chair if they addressed what issues you've mentioned it wouldn't matter to me....and other places all have their weirdness too.
                    I mean if were going to sell knobs I'd sell every knob you can imagine in any color they were made in. Why mess with them if you can't do it up right?

                    And why none of the places that I'm aware of don't carry every pickup part that they can makes no sense. Why do anything
                    half-assed? Maybe they can't do it "right"...I don't know but whatever the reasons it leaves this customer thinking they don't have their act together...and I
                    don't like thinking that way- but they caused it, not me.

                    Well good luck to them all because I've become to old to show them how or even really care....just felt like ending the work week with a rant...and I credit you Terry for that LOL.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                      Mojo is in the process of phasing out Some of the pickup part selection.
                      Tell me again how the Wal-Mart Approach with less selection is going to Improve what we offer Our Customers.
                      David told me that no one is buying those parts, so they are phasing them out. Well, not no one, since they are phasing out some of the parts I use, but it seems I'm the only one buying them! They have the original stock from when they ordered them a few years ago.

                      So if we wanted them to keep those parts, we should have bought more of them.

                      So they can order you anything you want, as long as you meet the minimum order requirements.

                      But I agree, that it can't hurt keeping them in stock. But that's business.
                      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. Albert Einstein


                      http://coneyislandguitars.com
                      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                        David told me that no one is buying those parts, so they are phasing them out. Well, not no one, since they are phasing out some of the parts I use, but it seems I'm the only one buying them! They have the original stock from when they ordered them a few years ago.

                        So if we wanted them to keep those parts, we should have bought more of them.

                        So they can order you anything you want, as long as you meet the minimum order requirements.

                        But I agree, that it can't hurt keeping them in stock. But that's business.
                        Yes I thought of you when I saw all the bass covers on clearance.
                        You don't need them until you need them.
                        The minimum order thing doesn't do us small shops much good, when you only need one or two of something.
                        We will make it though, we always do.
                        T


                        "If Wishes Were Horses, Beggars Would Ride!" Scottish Proverb 1600s
                        Terry

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Having a supplier narrow their selection to those that sell well makes sense for them but it also makes an opportunity for anyone to specialize in harder to find, lower volume parts. The internet has that one advantage, highly specialized on-line stores can find a market of the few people spread all over the world who want those parts that are not fast in turn over for generalized shops.
                          Although I much prefer locally owned physical stores, there is a place for niche on-line stores that need a wide ranging, international, customer base. Terry and David, this looks like an opportunity to pick up where the ball has been dropped and target the smaller even more narrowly defined niche. Finding the original sources and then creating a web store is not a difficult task nowadays. It would not make a ton of money but as a little addition to your current business, it could be worth doing.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by km6xz View Post
                            Having a supplier narrow their selection to those that sell well makes sense for them but it also makes an opportunity for anyone to specialize in harder to find, lower volume parts. The internet has that one advantage, highly specialized on-line stores can find a market of the few people spread all over the world who want those parts that are not fast in turn over for generalized shops.
                            Although I much prefer locally owned physical stores, there is a place for niche on-line stores that need a wide ranging, international, customer base. Terry and David, this looks like an opportunity to pick up where the ball has been dropped and target the smaller even more narrowly defined niche. Finding the original sources and then creating a web store is not a difficult task nowadays. It would not make a ton of money but as a little addition to your current business, it could be worth doing.
                            Not looking for a real job here.
                            I'm retired, I did Telecomm Work for 42 years.
                            Pickup winding and beating on old amps is just a retirement hobby.
                            Just want to be able to buy a few parts when I need them, or one of my guitar buddies needs something.
                            Like you said, if there is an oppurtunity and a need, someone will fill it!
                            T


                            "If Wishes Were Horses, Beggars Would Ride!" Scottish Proverb 1600s
                            Terry

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                              Yes I thought of you when I saw all the bass covers on clearance.
                              You don't need them until you need them.
                              The minimum order thing doesn't do us small shops much good, when you only need one or two of something.
                              We will make it though, we always do.
                              T
                              I don't make anything I can't get parts for, so I have had to by in bulk in the past. I have a box of 400 pickup covers I got from Korea a few years back. Then I started getting other sizes from Mojo, a dozen or two at a time.

                              So if I can't get parts, I won't bother with them, or if it's something I'm going to make on a regular basis, I'll just have to order a bunch.

                              Luckily they are keeping a lot of the other hard to get parts.
                              It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. Albert Einstein


                              http://coneyislandguitars.com
                              www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X