Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bbsailor View Post
    Kindly Killer, and all interested in Tele Mods

On Monday Night, 9 Dec, 2013 I got to see Bill Kirchen of "Hotrod Lincoln" fame at the Stafford Township, NJ Public Library for a free concert. He was playing his modified Telecaster where he reversed the control plate so the volume knob is most forward, then the tone knob, still within easy reach, and the switch is located to the rear of the mounting plate (but reversed so the forward position points to the neck pickup). This way he can easily reach the volume knob to do swells and the tone knob to do wa-wa-like tones. See this link for Bill describing and showing his Telecaster mods. Bill Kirchen, King of Dieselbilly, talks Tele! - YouTube

I hope this gives you some additional things to consider.

Joseph Rogowski
    I do that mod often for Tele Players.
    We call it flipping the Lid.
    I personally prefer the switch in the forward position!
    I switch pickups a lot, and play with the volume all the way up most of the time with the tone in about the 1/3 position.
    If you like to do volume swells, then the flipped position is the way to go!
    I wonder what rod magnet type Bill used in his Tele?
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

bbsailor, I'm jealous. Never experienced his show.

Comment

Tele purists will hate me, but my favorite Tele pickup combo is a Strat pickup in the neck and an overwound Tele pickup in the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by gripweed View Post
          Tele purists will hate me, but my favorite Tele pickup combo is a Strat pickup in the neck and an overwound Tele pickup in the bridge.
          This Thread was for all tele pickups, whether old and pure, or new and hot.
          I like a good hot bridge pickup, the strat neck pickup is too wide spaced for my liking.
          I can get by with the tele neck pickup, or some humbucker variety.
          T
          **There can be a Tele for all Seasons.
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

Working...
          X