Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humbucker cloth tape question

Hey Folks,

I had to swap some magnets in some Ibanez V7-V8 pups and the cloth tape lost its stickiness. I wanted to ask if anyone has used Hockey tape for the final wraps on humbuckers? Or what good cheap cloth tape would work?

Thanks

I use 3M #11 black cloth tape.
    The hockey tape looks real close.
    I would use it.
    If the end doesn't stick good enough, you can put some clear finger nail polish on it.
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Hey Terry,
      Is that the 3M 6910 Cloth Gaffers Tape Black 2" you mentioned above? Just to get those two humbuckers I was working on back in a guitar I took the old tape and sprayed them with 3M adhesive spray to get them sticky again. It kinda worked but doesn't look all that good...

Thanks

Comment

I bought a roll of hockey tape and sliced off a 1/4" roll on my bandsaw. Haven't used it yet, but it's sticky stuff.

Comment

I found some gaffers tape on ebay for ten bucks. I would like to find that Ibanez used on the V7-V8 humbuckers, nice stuff...
          Gaffers Stage Tape Black 1 2 inch x 60 Yard | eBay

Comment

I bought a big roll of this a year or so back.
            3M #11 Black Cloth Pickup Coil Tape (.450 x 72 yards)
            It is the right tape.
            It would be nice if we could find it cheaper in smaller quantities.
            I also use the 1/4 inch black paper tape a lot.
            T
            **Stewmac has this.
            http://www.stewmac.com/Pickups_and_E...Coil_Tape.html
            Last edited by big_teee; 02-24-2016, 02:44 PM.
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

Working...
            X