cnc winder controller board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Elepro- View Post
    - those motors in your links have right specification..... = good for our application

- the motors i suggest have right specification and more datasheet says "Ideal for High Speed Applications"..... = the best for our application

then options are not:

but:

1) buy perfect motor and fit pulley with a small effort for the best results

2) buy compatible motor and pulley for easy building....
    Where did you get those un-drilled pulleys? can you post a link?
    -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• Originally posted by -Elepro- View Post
      ...but not same price of Hubbard eBay store!!!!!
      Hubbard only has 1/4" drive pulleys and none are un-drilled.

Ah good old Radio Spares! I have family in the UK and RS is from there so I'll see if I can get some of these comming my way.
      Last edited by RedHouse; 09-21-2009, 03:42 AM.
      -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• Brad, did you check with Mcmaster Carr? I can't imagine you'd need to order these in UK when I'm sure they are all sourced from the US or Asia originally.

When you do get them and set up to drill them be sure to indicate off the outer surface that the belt runs on, not on the rim. I'd chuck it in a 4 jaw just to be sure you're in the center when you drill.

Comment

• I just got my drivers and the steppers from Tim, the fellow in Knoxville.
          the 39 oz/in motor has a 1/4" shaft
          the 200oz/in ones are 3/8" shaft

Both motors have data plates that state ∞ 1500RPM and supply voltage as 35VDC. 1.8º step, bipolar parallel (4 wire)

Supply current on the smaller one is 2.8A
          The model is a Pacific Scientific Model: H21NRT-LNN-NS-00

Supply current on the larger one is 5.9A
          The model is a Pacific Scientific Model: H31NRHB-LNN-NS-00

The price was $12 ea and I set up the shipping through Fedex home delivery for about $12 for a 12 lb box

Comment

• I found these kits from Bangkok for 2:1 drive pulleys, 6mm and 8mm i.d. with a belt for $29 + 7.99 S&H
            Pulley & Timing Belt for CNC Axis Robot Automation - eBay (item 330362107157 end time Oct-22-09 08:39:53 PDT)

10 are available but the 15 tooth has the smaller 6mm hole, the 30T has the 8mm hole.

Comment

• I'm getting a 30T with 3/8" id to fit my motor and a 15t with 1/2" id to fit my spindle shaft also a 50T belt for a 2.75" offset from motor center to spindle center.

Hubbard also has good prices on several different designs of limit switches and micro switches.

I want to know what I need in the way of a micro switch to setup accurate travel with Elepro's controller? Is one style better than another for resolution?

These?
              3 Limit Switches w/Lever Arm 1/2A 125 VDC,1/4 A 250VDC - eBay (item 330348414452 end time Sep-27-09 10:36:02 PDT)

Power transformers, I found these : 24V 100va 110V primary nos $.99 ea and $15 postage 10 available
              http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformer-prim...mZ260397731803
              Last edited by David King; 09-22-2009, 11:48 PM. Reason: added power transformers

Comment

• I'd be more than happy to make as many sleeves as necessary to accommodate any and all who would like them if it becomes apparent that that is the cheapest and most logical way to proceed with a group buy. I will guarantee .0005 dimensional tolerance and concentricity and will charge for postage only.

Do we even know how many are potentially interested in a group buy?

Comment

• Originally posted by David King View Post
                  ...Brad, did you check with Mcmaster Carr? I can't imagine you'd need to order these in UK when I'm sure they are all sourced from the US or Asia originally....
                  My brother-in-law just dropped some of those exact parts Elepro purchased from RS into the mail to me, I should see them in a week or so.

The group-buy question is premature, and there is no pricing yet, and we've not settled on a parts list etc, etc, etc.

It's kinda seeming like you're jamming me David. I read your last 4 or 5 posts today and I do appreciate your enthusiasm but it's not going to happen any faster than it is. We'll get there when we get there
                  Last edited by RedHouse; 09-23-2009, 01:59 PM.
                  -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• Elepro, I got the motors you recommended today, they look good and are bigger than they look in the webpage pic's.

Lin-Engineering-4218L-01-11-bipolar-stepper-motor

The shafts measure 0.196" (4.99mm) and the wiring diagram is found on the LinEngineering website.

We haven't received our drivers yet from that guy Tim that David_K found, in fact we haven't even got a "your items have shipped" notice through eBay or Paypal we'll have to send another message and see if this guy can get on the stick!.
                    -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• Originally posted by David King View Post
                      I just got my drivers and the steppers from Tim, the fellow in Knoxville......
                      I think they are not fast motors... (or may be the small)....
                      you can try them with your driver using its internal oscillator... (you can know speed measuring oscillator frequency with scope or frequencymeter..... but you need capacitor for aceleration ramp (read pag7 of driver daasheet)....
                      if you want help with wiring say me....

Originally posted by David King View Post
                      I'm getting a 30T with 3/8" id to fit my motor and a 15t with 1/2" id to fit my spindle shaft also a 50T belt for a 2.75" offset from motor center to spindle center.

Hubbard also has good prices on several different designs of limit switches and micro switches.

I want to know what I need in the way of a micro switch to setup accurate travel with Elepro's controller? Is one style better than another for resolution?

These?
                      3 Limit Switches w/Lever Arm 1/2A 125 VDC,1/4 A 250VDC - eBay (item 330348414452 end time Sep-27-09 10:36:02 PDT)

Power transformers, I found these : 24V 100va 110V primary nos $.99 ea and $15 postage 10 available
                      Transformer primary120v 60hz sec100w 24v 50w 12v - eBay (item 260397731803 end time Oct-18-09 16:39:00 PDT)
                      any normaly open microswitch is ok....controller software already has de-bounce...
                      only watch if you can mount them easily in your traverse.... (have it mounting hole?)

ebay transformer is ok...

Originally posted by RedHouse View Post
                      Elepro, I got the motors you recommended today, they look good and are bigger than they look in the webpage pic's.
                      yes, it's a big (long) nema17....i think it's a 3stack rotor... i hope it work as i think....
                      .......my gaussmeter project..... ........
                      .......first pickup with my cnc winder........

.... NEW cnc pickup winder user manual.....

Comment

• Brad,
                        I don't mean to pressure you when you've got other fish to fry. I'm jamming because I could use this damn thing every day of the week and the sooner it's ready the sooner I can start making some money with it. I realize that a group buy is way off. I'm just curious how many out there are actually thinking about it.

Thanks elepro,
                        The datasheet I was able to dig up said 2v per phase so I think I'm ok. These are older motors from about 2000 with round cases, not very powerful for the size but I see them used for smaller cnc. I'll let you know as soon as I can get some power into them.

Comment

• Maybe I shouldn't say it yet 'cause it's too early. What the hell, I'm interested LOL, but I'd want to make sure that all the parts needed are available. The appealing thing about the gaussmeter was all we had to do was assemble it, the leg work was already done by the guys. If something like that can be arranged, then all the better, depending on the cost I'm in. Looks like there's some way to go as Brad pointed out.
                          int main(void) {return 0;} /* no bugs, lean, portable & scalable... */
                          www.ozbassforum.com

Comment

• David, I think the most practical group buy scenario would be a kit for Elepro's controller, and then a finalized list of the other parts needed, i.e., motors, controllers, etc. I wouldn't even mind just the PCB and PIC.

That would keep the group buy cost down, and not over burden who ever is doing the coordinating for the group buy. It also allows us to get the "external" parts as we have the money for them. Also since people live in different parts of the world, it might make more sense to get the proper spec motors and such in their neck of the woods, to save on shipping costs.

The way I see it, the two main things I need is the kit for Elepro's brain, and a comprehensive finalized list of the other parts to get. Those are the things I'm waiting for.
                            It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                            www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

• Here's another possible transformer, 28V, 175VA, enough to run 3 stepper drivers at once.

Signal Transformer A41-175-28 - eBay (item 230378524202 end time Oct-16-09 11:19:44 PDT)

Comment

Working...
                              X