Help with connecting cub4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with connecting cub4

Can anyone provide some details on wiring to connect a reed switch to the cub4l8w counter and to power it. I recently finished assembling and setting up another kit counter which was quite simple, but the wiring details in the data sheets on the cub4 counters seem confusing to me.

If I connect the reed switch to LS CNT and COM, will this suffice? Or, do I need to send a voltage to LS CNT (LS CNT accepts AC or DC voltage) also (positive to LS CNT, ground to where...)?

Enabling the reset button seems straight forward, by connecting a wire from RST EN to COM.

Regards,

Michael
    int main(void) {return 0;} /* no bugs, lean, portable & scalable... */
    www.ozbassforum.com

Originally posted by mkat View Post

If I connect the reed switch to LS CNT and COM, will this suffice?
    I don't think so. It looks to me like the L.S. CNT input needs a voltage to trigger it. You could tie the L.S. CNT input to ground with a resistor and connect your reed switch between L.S. CNT and a positive D.C. supply of 12V or greater and the counter will advance when the switch closes.

S.

Comment

I finally got it working. I also have the MLPS power supply hooked up to it and used the voltage on that to L.S via the reed. The voltage pulse into L.S. initially threw me somewhat and I didn't understand how it would work. Another thing that didn't help was that the wires on the reed switch were faulty. The only question I have now is whether the digits light up only when L.S. receives the voltage pulse.

Just a note on the L.S. to COM connection via a reed switch. I also tried connecting L.S. to COM and it did increment the count, because I couldn't get the reed to work as mentioned above (faulty wiring on reed), but the count was slow and the reset button didn't work - no problem won't go there again.
      int main(void) {return 0;} /* no bugs, lean, portable & scalable... */
      www.ozbassforum.com

Comment

Working...
      X