Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NewGuy!

Hey everyone,

I just finished building my first guitar. Now I want to build my own winder. Where did you guys start? I read about sewing machines, I'll get one, but what's next? I am really new to this and I really want to wind my own pick ups, help me please!

Thank you all.. Paul
    www.myspace.com/londoncustoms

Paul,
    There is a recent thread at http://music-electronics-forum.com/s...ead.php?t=2006 that you can start with. Maybe that's the one where you heard talk about sewing machines.
    Also, you will find a list of similar threads by scroling to the bottom of the above thread. Should be lots of good reading to get you started.
    Regards,
    Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom! Great Picture by the way!! Monty Python Rules!
      www.myspace.com/londoncustoms

Comment

Here's my $15 sewing machine as of today:
        I saved every piece and have found uses for lots of them in the re-assembly process.
        I used a hacksaw to cut the front of the machine off just in front of the main shaft bearing. I cut the plywood disk with a jigsaw and cleaned it up on the drill press. The whole thing is heavy cast iron which I like along with the recycled aspect.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by London Customs View Post
          Thanks Tom! Great Picture by the way!! Monty Python Rules!
          Thanks. I wasn't originally planning on using an avatar but when I found that picture, it just seemed "right".

Comment

Hmm... I wish I could post a pic of my pickup winder here. It's ridiculously simple and small. Totally hand-operated but very effective: 10 minutes to wind a Rick-style pickup with #44 wire to exactly 8.0 K.

Comment

Originally posted by Instigator View Post
              Hmm... I wish I could post a pic of my pickup winder here.
              You can you know. Just click on the attachments (paperclip) icon on the posting screen. Or do you mean that you don't have a way to take the picture?

Comment

Working...
              X