Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using "preset counter" to stop winder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using "preset counter" to stop winder?

I've been looking at all the digital counters on ebay and a lot of them come with a relay that trips automatically when they reach a predetermined count. Some of them even have a "slow down" mode where they can trip a speed control at a predetermined count and then stop on a dime. I'm just wondering if some of you guys have experience or recommendations here.

Also are 4 digits enough? how many pickup coils need more than 9999 turns? the 4 digit preset counters seem pretty common and run a bit less...
    Thanks,
    David

Originally posted by David King View Post
    Also are 4 digits enough? how many pickup coils need more than 9999 turns? the 4 digit preset counters seem pretty common and run a bit less...
    Thanks,
    David
    If the counter wraps to zero on overflow I don't see an issue with 4 digits. However, 5 digit counters are convenient.
    int main(void) {return 0;} /* no bugs, lean, portable & scalable... */
    www.ozbassforum.com

Comment

I would love to have one of those in my winder. I think the slow down feature is needed, since I would assume some winders would keep going a bit when powered down.
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

5 digit is best. You'll have to do math if you wind a P-90 more than 10,000 winds.
        www.tonefordays.com

Comment

I'm using a Conch preset winder to stop my motor. It works wonderfully. Here are the details:
          http://ramirezbass.com/joomla/index....d=34&Itemid=28

Comment

Working...
          X