Counter Question....again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counter Question....again

Hello again, I am wondering about this counter CUB2L000, and if it would work for a winder
    Red Lion CUB2L000 6-Digit Counter NEW Free Shipping - eBay (item 330489073333 end time Nov-24-10 15:08:47 PST)

I have gone through 3 of the 4 digit cheapies from Ireland, and just no luck, segments drop out, non working all together, and flicker glitch...kind of how my luck goes with this stuff. I have also been trying to compile counter models to make a post with acceptable counters for this application, so as to post a small list for all the electric counter newbs like myself to reference so these threads pop up less. Anyway thanks for the help, and any acceptable counters for winders would be helpful also.

Ones I have found in the threads so far:

Omron H7CX-A
    Omron H7EC-N-B
    Omron H7EC-NFV-B
    Durant E402400
    Red Lion CUB1L000
    CUB3
    Red Lion CUB4 and CUB5
    Durant 1800
    IVO NE 214
    Hengstler Signo 723
    Ozitronics K129 (kit)

Yes I just started researching the threads for acceptable counters, so please don't chastise my list yet, as it will grow over the next few days through research and your help.
    Last edited by Musiclogic; 11-08-2010, 07:03 PM.

here's the data sheet:
    http://www.redlion.net/Products/Grou...Docs/01004.pdf

$50 seems like a lot to pay for this, low speed is 50Hz, that's about 3000 RPM at 50% duty cycle.

Comment

Thanks David, It's kind of my goal to gather as much info as possible. I do not know anything about these counters, and I know a lot of people are in the same boat, so I am trying to gather information for dummies basically, and get my new winder up with a counter that will suffice. My old winder works fine, but the numbers on the mechanical counter are so small I can't see them from 10 ft away, So I am trying to get something with larger numbers going, but I keep pulling lemons...LMAO

Comment

Just about any counter or "totalizer" will work in this application. I would list the attributes you want and then search for the best counter for your needs at mouser or Digikey. Then you can search ebay for that part number and get it at a price you can afford.
        What's your max RPM?
        Do you want a "preset" (switches a relay circuit to cut power to the motor at a predetermined number of turns)
        Do you want a programable counter with memory slots for all your pickup models?
        Backlit LCD or LED display?
        Large or tall display?
        Power supply?
        Sensor type?
        Voltage supply for sensor onboard?
        etc.
        Gathering "as much info as possible" isn't always very useful, just get the info you actually need or you will never get to your goal.

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
          Just about any counter or "totalizer" will work in this application. I would list the attributes you want and then search for the best counter for your needs at mouser or Digikey. Then you can search ebay for that part number and get it at a price you can afford.
          What's your max RPM?
          Do you want a "preset" (switches a relay circuit to cut power to the motor at a predetermined number of turns)
          Do you want a programable counter with memory slots for all your pickup models?
          Backlit LCD or LED display?
          Large or tall display?
          Power supply?
          Sensor type?
          Voltage supply for sensor onboard?
          etc.
          Gathering "as much info as possible" isn't always very useful, just get the info you actually need or you will never get to your goal.
          This is excellent advice for anyone looking for a counter, my winder has a top speed of 3500 RPM, but I would probably not wind above 2000. I want as big of a display as I can get, and run off an optical sensor. I would like to have the voltage for the sensor onboard, Power supply, standard house power, or I have a switchable wall wart from the shack, Programmable would be nice, but not necessary, as that goes beyond where I want to spend for this project, until it is debugged, then it may change. Preset would be nice too, but not necessary, as my old winder, has a mech. counter, and I am quite used to watching the numbers fly...LOL I haven't looked at digikey, but Mouser is my main source for pots. Thanks for the info, and I'll keep reading, and hopefully learning...LOL I am going to try to find something that fits the bill above, and if it has a few more useable bells, that's good also.

Oh, say hi to Troutdale for me, had a friend in Wood Village I used to visit, and always seemed to end up in a motel in Troutdale...LOL

Comment

Working...
          X