New Book: Build Your Own Pickup Winder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Book: Build Your Own Pickup Winder

Found new DIY manual available for building your own pickup winder @ pickupwinder.com

Originally posted by rplovanich View Post
    Found new DIY manual...
    "Found"? That's your website. How did you "find" it? Was it lost?
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Yes...My Website

Busted

Comment

Since you're marketing your new book about more details on it?

The website ain't that useful ya know...

1. How 'bout a full pic of the winder that's not just one corner of the plastic box where you see only the faceplate and two pulleys.

2. How 'bout a general idea of how many pages and pictures inside.

3. How 'bout publishing the index to find out what the contents are

4. How 'bout publishing a sample page or two

5. How 'bout saying if you've got pickup theory inside like Jason's book or if its just about building the winder

6. How 'bout I shut my big yap now
        www.MaillouxBasses.com
        www.OzBassForum.com

Comment

Excellent Suggestions

Thanks for the reply. I think I will add the total number of pages, which is 64, and also the index. The housing shown is actually steel. I don't want to show to much of the winder because I want you to buy the book. There is no theory. This is totally focused on building a winder.Thanks again for your imput.

Comment

Robert,
            All your posts are advertisements for things you are selling.

In coil winders
            Found new DIY manual available for building your own pickup winder @ pickupwinder.com

In Music Electronics
            tHERE IS A NEW DIY MANUAL AVAILABLE ON BUILDING YOUR OWN PICKUP WINDER. GO TO PICKUPWINDER.COM

In coil winders
            Basic Pickup Winding & Complete Guide to Building Your Own Pickup Winder book by Jason Lollar on EBay. Yes.... it is my listing. I know. I should be ashamed.

1) They should be posted in the Flea Market forum. Just be upfront that it’s your product. The “tHERE IS A NEW DIY MANUAL AVAILABLE…” and “Found new DIY manual available…” crap is inappropriate and will not gain you any respect around here.
            2) You should understand that the discussion forums are here for people to learn and to share knowledge. If you are not willing to do that then I suggest that you pay to post your advertisements somewhere else.

Regards,
            Tom

Comment

I"m not bothered. Plug away. More info would be useful. Like does it have a counter?
              They don't make them like they used to... We do.
              www.throbak.com
              Vintage PAF Pickups Website

Comment

Not trying to hide the fact

Hi Tom

Thanks for your suggestions. I am not trying to hide the fact that it is my manual. If I wanted to be deceitful I would not have used my own name which is also on my website.

There are lots of questions regarding the building of pickup winders on this and other forums. So I am offering advice. I won't apologize for spending many hours and putting it in manual form to help others and charging for it. I have a daughter in college and this helps suppliment my income.

Comment

Thanks JGundry

Yes. It uses a Red Lion counter triggered by a Reed Switch.

Comment

Hey, I was just teasing you... a lot of people would want something like this, since you can't find any guides on making winders.

Good luck with it!
                    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Hi David. Not a problem. I appreciate your imput.

Comment

So how many are you selling?
                        sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

The URL pickupwinder.com does not work for me.I would be interested in checking it out.

Comment

Please try again

Hi Mike

Thanks for your interest. It is a relatively new site. Some changes were being made earlier today so maybe that is why you could not access it. If you are still unable to get on, email me at bob@pickupwinder.com and I will scan the pages and forward them to you.

I enjoyed visiting your site. Some cool amps. Thanks...Bob

Comment

I found it fine using IE.It was Firefox that could not find it.Should have metioned that earlier.I think I'll be ordering your manual.As if I needed another project.

Comment

Working...
                              X