Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could do with some advice on upgrading Schatten speed controller

Hey guys,

Im looking at upgrading my Schatten as it's starting to show signs of slowing. I've read around but Im still confused by the wiring. Ive seen kits like this: 12V-40V 10A PWM DC Motor Speed Controller w/ Knob - Free Shipping but I honestly wouldn't know where to start to wire it up - It has 4 terminals but I need to get the counter, sensor, motor and the power supply hooked up. Am I just looking at the wrong speed controllers or do I have to do some improvisation to get it all hooked up? I can follow a schematic pretty well but Im having trouble working it all out.

Any advice on the best way to upgrade the controller would be awesome

Thanks,

Dave

Davos,

The four terminals are supply + and - and output + and -. The defective PWM will have the same four terminals and they will usually be marked on the circuit board but the two coming from the power supply will be the supply and the two going to the motor leads will be your outputs. The other connections in your winder will stay the same, you shouldn't have to mess with them at all.
    David Schwab has a Schatten winder and has posted photos of the internal components so you can see what's inside before you open yours up.

Comment

Originally posted by davos View Post
      Hey guys,

Im looking at upgrading my Schatten as it's starting to show signs of slowing. I've read around but Im still confused by the wiring. Ive seen kits like this: 12V-40V 10A PWM DC Motor Speed Controller w/ Knob - Free Shipping but I honestly wouldn't know where to start to wire it up - It has 4 terminals but I need to get the counter, sensor, motor and the power supply hooked up. Am I just looking at the wrong speed controllers or do I have to do some improvisation to get it all hooked up? I can follow a schematic pretty well but Im having trouble working it all out.

Any advice on the best way to upgrade the controller would be awesome

Thanks,

Dave
      are you in the UK?
      That part is.
      Here's another one, stateside, but more money.
      Bi-Directional DC Motor Speed Controller Kit
      T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

That co is based in HK, they offer free shipping worldwide.

Comment

Either of the above mentioned controllers will work fine and I can vouch for the K166 as I've built one and it's seriously heavy duty. But I'd also thing about replacing that pissy little motor aswell LOL.

regards

Walt
          I know the voices in my head aren't real..... but man, sometimes their ideas are just brilliant.

Comment

We should just put up a retrofit kit and make some money on it eh?
            Maybe we can get StewMac to carry it.

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
              We should just put up a retrofit kit and make some money on it eh?
              Maybe we can get StewMac to carry it.
              Buaaaaaaaaaahahahaha
              I know the voices in my head aren't real..... but man, sometimes their ideas are just brilliant.

Comment

Working...
              X