Counter Specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counter Specs

If I were to order a counter - what would you say is the minimum Count Per Minute that would work? I dont want buy one that cant count fast enough. Anyone know how fast a calculator can count? I'm gonna be using a sewing machine to do the spinning. But I dont know the speed of the motor, I'll have to take a closer look and see if it's printed on the label.

-R

Most of the sewing machine motors are 7000 rpm.
    New Replacement Sewing Machine Motor

Comment

If it helps anyone, the motor is 1amp and 1/15HP.
      It's an "antique" metal one from the late 50's or early 60's.
      An Ambassador DeLuxe. Thank you.

-Rob

Comment

That is 7000 rpm 'unloaded' by the way.

Comment

No one winds above 3000 RPM and 1500 would probably be the norm. You have to use pulleys to get the top speed down to something workable or you'll have too much trouble controlling the low speeds without stalling the motor. My sewing machine winder is belted at about 8:1 and it can easily hit 1200RPM so I suspect the motor can do 12000 RPM no load.

Most "pro" counters will have two settings for slow and fast counts. Post the datasheet link here if you still have any questions.
          A really nice counter someone linked to here recently was a Sestos on ebay for $30.
          I wish we had a sticky with links to all the standard parts we've been recommending for years in hundreds of posts. You might just try the search function if you are impatient to get answers. Also check out the suggested links that are always listed under "similar threads" at the bottom of the page.
          Last edited by David King; 01-30-2013, 10:16 PM.

Comment

It's ok - I found some Red Lion Cubs to choose from. I'm gonna buy one of those.

-Rob

Comment

Look at the "preset" and programmable ones. You'll want those functions eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
                Look at the "preset" and programmable ones. You'll want those functions eventually.
                Can you tell me how and why? The ones I was looking at are pretty basic, they have connections for high and low speed counting, go up to 6 or 8 digits, and have a front reset button.

-Rob

Comment

Preset to stop the winder at the selected count. Programable to hold the different turns counts you use regularly.

Comment

Working...
                  X