No announcement yet.

Mini Vacuum Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eh, that's too bad. If the table was a bit bigger, that machine would be really handy with the built in vacuum and heating element.

Comment

• I having a bit of a problem . I'm making floating jazz style pickup covers & they have to meet a certain thickness the last batch i did yesterday ,the top of the pickup cover is rounded & slightly curved instead of flat , they may look ok but they wont work as they are too thick . but i wonder why the vacuum didn't draw the plastic down .
      "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

• Plastic needed to be a tad hotter, or you needed a bit more suck. How thick is your sheet?

Ken
        www.angeltone.com

Comment

• Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
          I having a bit of a problem . I'm making floating jazz style pickup covers & they have to meet a certain thickness the last batch i did yesterday ,the top of the pickup cover is rounded & slightly curved instead of flat , they may look ok but they wont work as they are too thick . but i wonder why the vacuum didn't draw the plastic down .
          The thin plastic cools quickly. How warm was the room you're working in?

Comment

• It's about room temp ,I actually changed to a toaster oven now out in the shop & now i have a simpler way of telling me it ready to come out of the oven ,it's right before the sagging plastic sags enough to touch the bottom heating element ..lol .
            One thing i did do with the original problem was when .i actually squared up the the covers quite well by after cutting them out re-applying them to the buck & use a heat gun & a block to square up the edges .
            "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

• Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
              It's about room temp ,I actually changed to a toaster oven now out in the shop & now i have a simpler way of telling me it ready to come out of the oven, it's right before the sagging plastic sags enough to touch the bottom heating element ..lol .
              Ha! That could be messy

I took my little vacuum rig over to the makers space that I recently joined today. It worked great when I demonstrated it for some of the guys. The day I joined, I took a couple of guitars along. They were really interested in the vacuum forming, so I promised to show how I do it. I'm glad that I have stuff that I can share, because some of these guys are really being helpful in getting me started with laser cutting, CNC, and the associated CAD software.

Comment

Working...
              X