No announcement yet.

CNC Design Guitar Coil Winder--new toy...help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, I just received my cnc mini also,and was wanting to know more about the scripting for "scatter winding" if anyone is still reading this thread and has any knowledge they would care to share I would greatly appreciate.

Comment

I have had my eye on these mini cnc machines ever since their very first version years ago, look much different than now, but the cost was the only thing stopping me so I stuck to hand winding. Now that I was finally able to buy one my opinions are this, unless you just have to have one,and have tons of disposable cash, there are much better and way cheaper options out there. Don't get me wrong, the build quality is great! It's just the fact that for the money you spend, they really don't seem to take to much consideration,my BIGGEST complaint is te fact that again, your spending almost a grand on this machine,and they don't even take the time or thought to install a US version of an electrical plug, the website evn states that it will come with a UK version,and if you need a US version that you are welcome to just hack off the end and replace with a US version. Seriously?? Thats just plain lazy if you ask me. Imagine buying a brand new car of your dreams and they tell you oh yeah, hey motor is a little oo big and the hood doesnt close, but you're welcome to saw a hole in the hood to make it close. Second complaint again I think this falls under the lazy category, it arrives with a "usb" type dongle connection/jtag for a firmware upgrade that requires you to partially disassemble the machine just to be able to attatch the jtag connection,and knocking all sort of things out of alignment in the process, this is simply something that could be done at the factory in the build process. Finally as most that have one of these cnc winders would probably attest to also, Why do they not have any instruction videos about the scripting ,the setup, or the firmware upgrade on their site by now, they have had plenty of time.

Comment

Originally posted by nakedlunch02 View Post
        Why do they not have any instruction videos about the scripting ,the setup, or the firmware upgrade on their site by now, they have had plenty of time.
        Probably because $1000 is chump change to them - they are a big company selling big machines at mega prices - sometimes custom builds

They do write their own software, but the pickup winding software seems to be down to enthusiastic users themselves? From what I've researched, the company looks for feedback and contributions, and includes it in the new upgraded model

Comment

Originally posted by nakedlunch02 View Post
          Hey guys, I just received my cnc mini also,and was wanting to know more about the scripting for "scatter winding" if anyone is still reading this thread and has any knowledge they would care to share I would greatly appreciate.
          I don't own their machine, but I think there is a user forum somewhere where users can share info and code - I tried to find the forum, but could not find it - as an owner of the machine, I'd contact the company and ask about a user forum

Comment

I started a facebook page for the winder. I am new to facebook. The owner had a facebook group (still does i think but no members allowed) and one day he just deleted all the info good and bad about the machine. So i took it upon myself to get a bunch of owners to start posting. There's not too much there but i am working on a writeup of adding the limit switch and also i added a tensioner. There is a small bit about writing scripts to do scatter winding but i haven't explored any of that yet.
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/356693472175409

Comment

Originally posted by mozz View Post
              I started a facebook page for the winder.[/url]
              Facebook groups were good - until the facebook censoring kicked in - now, millions of people are deleting their facebook accounts as they are sick of Facebook tactics - and no facebook account means they cannot see your a Facebook group's contents

You could create your own Wiki or forum and post links to it from forums such as this - but could you not ask a moderator to create a section on this forum for the mini coil winder?

Comment

I actually have a website i bought for selling pedals, pickups and tube amp repairs but i have done nothing with it. One of these days.

Comment

Originally posted by mozz View Post
                  I actually have a website i bought for selling pedals, pickups and tube amp repairs but i have done nothing with it. One of these days.
                  Sorted then - just log into your hosting control panel and create a sub-domain - wiki.yourdomain.com or forum.yourdomain.com and install the wiki or forum which is sure to be right there in your control panel for 1 click installation

Comment

Working...
                  X