Pickups parts storage ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickups parts storage ?

I know small parts is not really a problem for storage like magnets ,screws ,springs but what the larger parts like covers (metal & plastic) ,mine always seems to in a cluster & very unorganized ,Any solution to organize ? .i'm talking JM,soapbar,Dog ear, jazz bass, p-bass .........& a fairly small area to store ?
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Here's someone uses a bakery pallet(?) for assemblies.
    What quantities you talkin'? Maybe some similar rack with shallow plastic drawers?
    DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

One solution could be to have a small manufacturing line stock (i.e. only a small quantity of items for short term production) in your shop, and a bigger stock elsewhere (in my garage actually ).

Comment

Originally posted by rjb View Post
        Here's someone uses a bakery pallet(?) for assemblies.
        What quantities you talkin'? Maybe some similar rack with shallow plastic drawers?
        This is what Duncan uses to shuffle batches of pickups around the assembly area. Hard to beat!

Comment

fwiw - I keep small bins and parts kits loaded with parts, right at my assembly bench. I keep back stock in boxes and those big black plastic bins with the yellow lids that you can get at big box hardware stores and replenish my parts kits and small bins from those. For small metal parts like screws and slugs, I keep them in big plastic 3 gallon juice bottles and can actually pour the parts out to refill my at-bench bins. The juice bottles are also perfect for shipping those same parts out for electroplating.

If you're going to store raw metal parts long term (unplated keeper bars are a great example), you have to do something to eliminate moisture to prevent rust, unless you are going to coat them in something like navel jelly or butyrate (not the bobbin kind!).

Comment

Working...
          X