This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spin Doctor type gauss meters?

I am looking for a good used working condition Spin Doctor gauss meter if anyone has one that they are willing to sell. Just message me a price you want for it with shipping in the U.S.
    Last edited by big_teee; 05-09-2019, 07:22 PM.

If you cant find one heres what we've been using for the last 25 years https://www.alphalabinc.com/product/gm1-st/

Comment

Originally posted by Lollar Jason View Post
      If you cant find one heres what we've been using for the last 25 years https://www.alphalabinc.com/product/gm1-st/
      and I've got one of these for sale........
      Jack Briggs

sigpic
      www.briggsguitars.com

forum.briggsguitars.com

Comment

I work on a similar project. Should be ready soon (at the moment the OLED display is missing). The software is already written (but not tested). But sending it from Europe to the US may be quite expensive.

Mark

Click image for larger version

Name:	gauss_meter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	158.3 KB
ID:	851497

Comment

Initial test of the meter (Musicman bass):

Name:	DSCF1229s.jpg
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	852262
          Test with neodymium magnet:

Name:	DSCF1227s.jpg
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	852263
          It looks like milling the enclosure (in low quantities) is very difficult - no one wants to do it . I still need to design the front sticker for the meter.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkusBass View Post
            Initial test of the meter (Musicman bass):
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]51328[/ATTACH]
            Test with neodymium magnet:
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]51329[/ATTACH]
            It looks like milling the enclosure (in low quantities) is very difficult - no one wants to do it . I still need to design the front sticker for the meter.
            Please note that the readings of the flux density at the poles are changed (increased) by the presence of the strings.
            - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Yes, it was just a test whether it works . And it works.

Comment

It looks like milling the enclosure (in low quantities) is very difficult - no one wants to do it
                Have you considered 3D printing, or vacuum forming? Either of these you could do yourself.

Comment

No, but I'm considering buying a mini CNC machine. I may use it in other projects.

Comment

Just curious:

What´s wrong with the beige plastic case you are already using?

Is Eagle Audio your own brand or that of a commercial field sensor head?

Thanks.
                    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
                      Just curious:
                      What´s wrong with the beige plastic case you are already using?
                      Is Eagle Audio your own brand or that of a commercial field sensor head?
                      Originally there are no holes in the enclosure. The most difficult to make is the hole for the OLED display. I marked it with a sharp knife and filed it. Should be done with a CNC machine.
                      EA it's my own brand.

Name:	Enclosure_02.jpg
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	852265

Comment

Depending on what your production quantities are, you could make a template that attaches to the screw holes in the case and use a router with a guide bushing to make the cutout. A 3mm or so bit would give a nice small radius in the corners.

Comment

The owner's Manual for the gaussmeter at the link listed in posts #2 and #3 includes some very interesting information about magnets and the earth's magnetic field.
                          Keep learning. Never give up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloomfield View Post
                            Depending on what your production quantities are, you could make a template that attaches to the screw holes in the case and use a router with a guide bushing to make the cutout. A 3mm or so bit would give a nice small radius in the corners.
                            I was also thinking about such a template but to make it I need a CNC machine too. Or I have to pay someone to do it. I would use 2 mm bit to get 1 mm radius in the corners. I don't expect high production quantities. Just few friends asked me to manufacture something like this .

Comment

A nice thing about router bushings (especially if they are large) is that they will tend to even out small flaws in the template. If you filed out the template as well as you filed out the prototype, I think you could get a very nice end result. Some of my homemade pickup cutout templates look fairly crude, but do a good job in the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X