Hooking up a counter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooking up a counter

Hey guys, I'm new to the board and just found this after searching for pickup information. I've wound a few pickups and have gotten some decent tones using the hand drill method. I'm wanting to venture into a winder with some counting abilities.

I've seen a lot about the Red Lion counters and Sweing machine motors. Seems to be what they use on the winder Stew Mac sells. Reading some of the threads on here it seems digital is the way to go.

It might be simple, but my question is how to you hook up the digital counter with your motor so it correctly counts your winds?

I think I could get an alalog counter set up, but i'd rather go digital.

Thanks in advance for your help. I hope to put these in some guitars i'm making.

Originally posted by Brian Porter View Post
    Hey guys, I'm new to the board and just found this after searching for pickup information. I've wound a few pickups and have gotten some decent tones using the hand drill method. I'm wanting to venture into a winder with some counting abilities.

I've seen a lot about the Red Lion counters and Sweing machine motors. Seems to be what they use on the winder Stew Mac sells. Reading some of the threads on here it seems digital is the way to go.

It might be simple, but my question is how to you hook up the digital counter with your motor so it correctly counts your winds?

I think I could get an alalog counter set up, but i'd rather go digital.

Thanks in advance for your help. I hope to put these in some guitars i'm making.
    This has been discussed at length. Search the forum to find the threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gwinn View Post
      This has been discussed at length. Search the forum to find the threads.

I figured it may have been discussed at length, but I guess I will have to search more carefully next time. I thought someone could at least provide a link or some sort of direction.

I'll see what I can find by searching. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Porter View Post
        I figured it may have been discussed at length, but I guess I will have to search more carefully next time. I thought someone could at least provide a link or some sort of direction.

I'll see what I can find by searching. Thanks for the reply.
        Also search the old forum on firebottle.

I posted a lot on this, but don't recall when. Search for author=Joe Gwinn AND counter.

Comment

Working...
        X