I want to mod my winder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to mod my winder

I have a Schatten winder, and it's fine, other than one thing. I don't like having to reach over to adjust the speed, or turn it on or off.

I want to hook a sewing machine foot pedal up to it. But I need it to be wired in to the motor, and not the outlet of the winder. Other wise the counter would zero every time I stopped.

So here's a picture of the internals of my winder. The motor is at the bottom. Where would it be best for me to splice in my foot pedal? On the hot, or negative to the motor? And does it matter which wire is in and which is out on the pedal? Or will i find that out from the pedal working backwards?
    Attached Files

The winder already has a motor speed control built in. All you need to do is use a potentiometer in a foot pedal. Just get a pedal with the same value pot as the one in the Schatten, or get a pedal and replace the pot. Then wire it up the same was as the one in the winder. You can run those wires out to the pedal.

You could even use an old wha pedal.

I have a Schatten. I just keep my left hand on the speed control when I wind.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
    X