Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soundcraft UI12 Vol Pot

Hi,

I need to replace one of the Main Mix potentiometer ( encoders? ) because they don't respond correctly and the touch it's to hard compared to the others. Anybody can help me to indentify this pot?

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Looks like an Alps Alpine RK12 series dual 10k audio pot. You'll have to confirm dimensions with the datasheet.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Robinson View Post
      Looks like an Alps Alpine RK12 series dual 10k audio pot. You'll have to confirm dimensions with the datasheet.
      Wow, amazing! it's a 103C = 10KC pot not a encoder!

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Take care of getting a "C" curve pot, which is the opposite of an Audio (A) one.
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I believe in this case the code AE103c, the first digit refers to A=audio taper, as that would make most sense for a conventional level control. If it were a mic gain control reverse taper would make more sense.
          I think here the trailing c references the vertical format of the pot, but who knows without knowing who the actual OEM is and having the correct datasheet - I think this is a generic clone of the Alps Alpine style I linked above.
          Make sure to measure the existing pot to confirm either way.

Comment

Yes, I think it's a A pot, it's from main out control. And Alps doesn't have any C pot in the datasheet,

Comment

Maybe.
              Easy to check, set it to 5 and measure both halves, from 0 to wiper and from wiper to 10.

Linear will be 5k - 5k
              Audio will be (roughly) 1k - 10k
              C/antilog will be 10k - 1k

C/antilog/reverse_Audio curve is not common in the Guitar or Hi Fi world but quite common in mixers as an input stage Gain control which I suspect here (hint: it IS a mixer)

Also used as Distortion/Gain control in MXR pedals and in a few Fender SS Guitar amps.

But in any case measuring rules
              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
              X