Numark CDX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numark CDX

I'm repairing a CDX that clicks 5 times then spits out the CD. I put a new mech in and nothing has changed. Advise what to do next. After googling this seems to be a fairly common problem. Whats the remedy?

What do you mean by "new mech?" Laser pickup? Tray assembly? The whole transport complete?

Does the CD make it into the play position? Does it turn at all?

In general, a CD player takes in the CD, places it on the spindle over the laser. Then the laser tries to focus. if it finds focus, it spins the disc looking for the TOC. if it reads the TOC, you get a display of some sort.

There are limit switches or sensor switches to let the system know when the tray has homed. If the tray cannot trigger the "closed" switch, then it continues to run the motor until it times out, then it reverses and spits the tray back out. A slipping belt on the tray might cause clicking.

When the CD gets placed over the laser, the focus action is the lens moving up and down. If things are out of whack, the laser can hit the underside of the CD. That would cause a clicking.

If the CD is not clamped firmly in, when it tries to spin, it will chatter and flop around. The edges of the CD can hit the internal structures. That can cause a clicking sound.

I see this one doesn;t use a tray, but still, it must take the CD and place it on the spindle. if something gets in the way, it will try until it times out and then spit it back out. A wire not placed properly for example could get in the way.

You need to expose the CD player and see where in the process it is hanging up.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

New Mech

is new laser, mech assy, the works. CD spins, you hear 5 clicks, time codes never show and it kicks it back out, I've found many post on the goog describing this problem but never a solution.

Comment

THat's why I suggested a few scenarios. If we know WHAT it is doing, then we can figure out WHY. If you can eyeball under the disc, you might see the laser hitting it, for example.

IS the transport one large assembly that drops in? Or are the play deck and disc handler separate assemblies that work together - that have the potential to not be in alignment with each other for some reason.

And have you called Numark to ask about this?
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X