Buying from music-go-round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying from music-go-round

Has anyone had any experience buying from music-go-round? They deal in used equipment. Just wondering if their prices are set in stone or can they deal with the price a little? Thanks, Rayme

I can only tell you about the one in Littleton, CO., which was pretty well-run, always had pretty good fair prices anyway, and usually didn't want to quibble. They were out to turn the stuff to local musicians if possible, rather than jacking everything up to stupidly-high prices because "someone on EBay paid that much!" They wait until it sits long enough to post it online, normally. I got some decent deals there just on their posted prices. For example, I wasn't going to argue with a mint condition Fender '65 DRRI with footswitch and cover for $599 when I bought it, or $110 for a vintage early-50's Kalamazoo amp in VG condition.

Can't hurt to ask, though. Just don't beat them up on stuff, if it's already fair. They treat repeat customers especially well, but if you go in with an attitude (not suggesting you would), don't be surprised if they NEVER offer you a deal.

Brad1

Comment

Makes sense

That makes sense Brad1. I am in the Columbus, Ohio area and I must agree with you, they do have reasonable prices already. Thanks for your view. Rayme

Comment

Music Go Rounds are independently owned franchises. They all(?) seem to use an aging rule. For stuff they just got, the price is set in stone. If it has been there past some certain number of months, they will bargain.

I find that the floor help is all over the place in terms of sophistication. I have asked questions over the phone along the lines of "Does the banjo have a tone ring?" or "Is the guitar neck angle correct, does it need a neck set?" and they often don't know what I am talking about. I company would do well to provide training to its franchises on how to evaluate the structural condition of instruments.
        Overall, it is a smorgasbord of stuff, the savy shopper can often find what they want.

Comment

Working...
        X