No announcement yet.

customer 'cry's wolf!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Years ago when I worked at a motorcycle shop, a fellow calls up to see if we have some ancient BSA stator in stock. I check that we have it in stock and tell him the price...like $137 or there abouts. At that time, we had the best supply of vintage British cycle parts in the midwest. The fellow appears at the counter the next day saying he wants to buy the stator but our price is too high. He says he called up another dealer and they said the stator costs $110. I looked up the price again from our distributor and verified our cost and the retail price. I told the customer that our price was still $137, and if he wanted that lower price he should purchase it from the other dealer. The customer then stated the other dealer doesn't have the stator in stock. My reply was, "You should come back when I don't have it in stock, because then my prices will be even lower than the other dealer."

Comment

customer 'cry's wolf

Yet more timer wasters!

'Can you help me please! As the customer put's his PA speaker on the counter saying, it's the bass driver, it blew last nite and I need it ready for tonight's gig.... 'Well after checking his burnt crispy driver that was still smelling of roasted coil. Here's one that will do the job a 400w beast and you can have for... I didn't even get to finish what I was saying as his reply was if it sounds better than the last one then can He pay next week for it I said come back next week with cash and you can have for free!

sometimes words fail me where these peolpe came from

Comment

Oh yes, amazing how many people show up without funds.

"Is my amp ready yet?"

"Yes, it is. The total is $75."

"Oh, well I didn;t bring any money."

Then why are you here?
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Oh yes they try it all the time, no cash no good's and then they get stroppy

just like the local gig studio that's tried to con evey repair's tech department near me, me also come to think of it,,,,

There very good of dropping gear round 'saying, can you sort it quick as our studio's need's it for giging customers that use our rooms daliy. and once you sort one bit you then spend the next frew weeks calling and hearing them say we can't pay yet see you next week! I did say look on ebay and your get your stuff back next week

But like you say enzo they always try it on!

Comment

Last Forever

One of my Woodbury, Tn kin folks had a used tv and radio shop. Once an old woman came and said she needed a radio. So he showed her a pretty new one and she ask do you have one alittled older and cheaper. He pulled a radio off the rack and sold it to her. The radio was at least as old as she was. The next day she came in wanting her money back because the old radio quit working. My kin folk just looked at her and said. "what did you think it would last forever" and walked off

Comment

Working...
            X