Replacement relay for SVT-350h

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement relay for SVT-350h

The K1 output relay on my Ampeg SVT-350h is faulty. I'm having trouble finding an equivalent relay to replace the stock P&B RKS-5DG-24. Can someone help me out with a part number to order? I've attached the schematic.
    Attached Files

OK, looks like a SPDT, but for the life of me, I don;t know what grounding the speakers does, so a SPST would work as well.

The old relay is a 24v one I am thinking, so since it runs off 60v rail, that meas 36v dropped across the 1k resistor, or 36ma. SO a similar coil current would be the target.

Does the old relay have contact current ratings printed on it?

You may or may not find one with the same footprint, but if not, glue one in upside down and run wires to the board from its pins.

Plugging your number into Mouser comes up with a suggested alternative

http://www.nteinc.com/relay_web/pdf/R22.pdf

Does this meet your specs?

This is where paper catalogs shine. Flip through the pages of relays looking for ones that look like yours, then narrow it down to the specs.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

It is SPDT as best I can tell. I did find that alternative on Mouser (as well as flipping through my Mouser 'phone book' and looking at the Tyco website). It was, among a few other things, the 16A vs. 10A of the stock relay that gave me pause although it is 24v coil current.

Both the Mouser alternative and the stock piece have the same footprint. Installation of that part wouldn't be a problem, but will it operate under the same conditions and at the same voltage levels.

I'm still learning about all this and the lack of clear apples to apples comparisons on components confuses me at times.

Thank you for the reply. I've got emails into both Tyco and Loud Tech. Hopefully with all that input I can not waste money trying out a non-straight-spec part.

Comment

If the original has a 10A contact rating and the new one has 16A rating, what would be the problem? 16A is more than 10A, so the relay could handle more power than the original. COntact rating has absolutely nothing to do with coil current.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X