Roland space echo RE-201

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland space echo RE-201

I just purchased an RE-201 only to find that the reverb doesn't work. i can hear the reverb if I shake the box, but it does not produce reverb when I send a signal through it. Also, the echos will not last for very long. I believe it is supposed to be able to keep the delay going in order to produce self-oscillation, but the repeats are dying out after a couple seconds at the highest intensity setting....help please!

Anybody have any ideas? Is there something simple I can do if I open the thing up?

Thanks!

It wouldn't be unusual to find a Space Echo with multiple issues, but mostly likely, your echo issue can be solved by cleaning and demagnetizing the heads and tape path, plus a new tape.

The reverb issue is most likely a bad reverb pan. You obviously have output, so it could be the input lead wires or transducer, or perhaps even the drive circuit itself.
    John R. Frondelli
    dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

I'm not sure about your RE-201, but I have a RE-555 we used in our PA, and it uses an OC Electronics small pan. When we were gigging, we never really used the reverb because of the poor sound. The chourus is great, and we used the single repeat echo for some tunes, and once in a while used the runaway for, (ususlly an ending) effect. I'm sure a long spring Accutronics tank could be used, just not sure where you put it. (External mount maybe?)

Comment

Originally posted by errorspending View Post
        I just purchased an RE-201 only to find that the reverb doesn't work. i can hear the reverb if I shake the box, but it does not produce reverb when I send a signal through it.

Anybody have any ideas? Is there something simple I can do if I open the thing up?
        Hi, you may open it and clean the cinch connections at the reverb tank. Thatīs very simple. If the oxidation of the connection isnīt the reason of your disfunction then you may need help of an electrican..

My RE-201 had this symton too.

gbu

Kai

Comment

Working...
        X