Fender DeVille 212 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender DeVille 212 problems

Every now and again in practice my deville 212 will drop volume or cut in and out, its not often but still enough to annoy. all the tubes seem to be in good order. all though really not sure what to look for beside a blown tube. any adjustments to the amp (as far as changing volume or channels) seems to have no effect. any info would be great. Thank you

Power off and unplug it. REsolder all the power tube socket pins to the tube sockt circuit board.

Are there any other mysterious symptoms, like channels changing on their own?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Nothing like that. just what i stated in previous post. i will give it shot. thanks

Comment

You might also clean the jacks. They get all manor of crap in them because they are mounted hole up. Try plugging and unplugging each one a few times when the problem happens again to see if it helps or hurts the problem. If so it's probably dirty jacks. Enzo knows the Peaveys pretty well so take his advice and check the power tube socket joints.

Chuck
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

I hope you meant to say Fender...
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Nope...Er, ah...

I get the "tube signal chain, transistor effects loop and reverb, PCB combos" mixed up because I kinda see 'em all as the same thing. But the above info applies anyway.

Chuck
            "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
            You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Hello Enzo and Chuck H,
              I stumbled upon this thread when trying to figure out what was going on with my Fender deville 212 I just recently bought used. The dropping in volume and signal after a while I will try and fix with your advise posted previously. I also have the problem of the channels changing without my say so. It rarely switches to the "more gain" channel, but back and forth between the clean and drive more often. Any ideas on the subject are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
              --Chase

Comment

Fender HRDeville

The channel switching all by itself is most probably the +16 -16 volt cement resistors working loose. R 78 & R79.
                Look on page 2, the layout board, they are right in the middle of the board.
                they are even marked(on the layout page) +16, -16.
                The board will have to come out to resolder it properly.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello everyone,
                  I have just started experiencing the same channel-switching problem. I have removed the cover, and have located R78 and R79. I know nothing about soldering anything, and have a few naive questions.
                  1) should it be visibly obvious if they are loose? they appear to be attached firmly.
                  2) Is there a lot involved with "removing the entire board to resolder it properly"?
                  3) Can I easily damage the amp beyond repair by attempting to fix this by myself?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
                  Thanks
                  Steve

Comment

(1) No
                    (2) Yes
                    (3) Yes

Comment

Working...
                    X