problems with tube organ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with tube organ

guys I just got a organ give to me it's supposedly the first edition of a gulransen transistor organ serial 3184 model c
    this thing has a lot of tubes in her and a whole mess of other stuff, it has the original leslie speaker setup in it and when i fired it up the leslie started rotating immediately. cannot get a sound out of it, but I'm convinced this thing aint reADY FOR THE JUNK HEAP YET. i AM THE SECOND OWNER THE FIRST BEING A METHODIST CHURCH whom upon it going down stopped playing it and let it set around for 10 years before giving it to
    me.
    it's 235 watts or so it says and when I opened it up the tubes are lighting up although two smaller ones very dim.
    where--who--or how can I troubleshoot this??? if it's toast then the unit with the tubes in should be used for something else right?? like building an amp?? I know the leslie is valuable in itself and the white oak this thing is built into is remakable. any bbody got any ideas on where to start?? I'd appreciate any help I can get!!

Troubleshoot it like anything else. verify all the power supplies are working, find the amplifier and see if it and the speaker are working, then look through all the oscillators for signs of life.

www.mitatechs.com probably has some good links.

And a quick google for "gulbransen schematic" came up with a few like

The Organ Forum
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
    X