Fuzz Face help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuzz Face help

I’d like to thank everyone for helping me with my tube sound fuzz question. It really helped a lot. After building the tube sound fuzz I decided to build an authentic fuzz face; one with transistors. I started small; nothing special – just a regular fuzz face circuit. I used NPN transistors. It sounds very good to me and for the most part I’m satisfied. But there are a few things I’d like to change about it. First up, I’d like to get more output from the effect. The unit reaches unity gain at about 2:00 o’clock. Is there anyway that I can make it reach unity gain sooner – say at about 10 or 12 o’clock? The output pot I’m using is an “A- 50k” pot. Also, the fuzz pot works but it doesn’t seem to do all that much. When I turn it down it starts to clean up the fuzz a little but not as much as I’d like. Working the guitars volume control seems to clean it up a lot. But if the guitar’s volume control is on 10 the fuzz control pot does very little. I’m using a B1k pot for the fuzz control with a 22uf cap. This seems to be standard for this circuit. If there is any advice you can give this beginner pedal builder it would be appreciated.

Fuzz Face

Fuzz Central -- Arbiter Fuzz Face

Comment

Working...
    X