Need help with wiring...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with wiring...

Hi all. I have just purchased a Randall RH200 Head, and would like to utilize the see through grate on the front to show off the amp, by wiring a neon light inside.

Im a bit of a novice when it comes to wiring, and wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of a schematic, or the best way to wire a 12v neon inside the amp.

Thanks

Neon tubes themselves are not 12V, so I'm sure a "12V" type must include a power converter= NOISE.
    The gas discharge itself also generates noise, I bet you don't want all that inside your high gain amp.
    I'd use a strip of milky white acrylic and behind it a string of Leds; you can easily (and noiselessly) power 20 of them in series adding a series resistor.
    What +/- B voltage (power rails) does your amp have?
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Thanks for the response.

Im not too sure yet, as i havent picked up the amp. I appreciate your help, LED's do sound a better way to go.

I really have no idea where I would begin with the circuitry of my new amp, where to put the positive and negative's and all.

I'm aiming for it to light up when i turn it on, and go off when i turn the amp off. Do you know of any wiring diagrams that may help me to figure this out??

Thanks again for any help.

Comment

The amp schematic will definitely help, on this and other matters (hint, hint []), but you don't strictly need it.
        You just measure what power voltage you have available at the Power Supply, and it's easy to figure the series resistor to feed your string of series-connected Leds; the other end of the string goes to ground.
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
        X