Source for Roland Power cords wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for Roland Power cords wanted

Not sure if this is the best forum category to list this but....

I am looking for a source for a few Roland type power cords. these are the rectangular 2 prong type cords that look similar to a standard IEC computer type cord. eBay has them but for ridiculous prices. I'm not paying $25 for a power cord! I will convert the dang thing to a IEC before I Pay $25 for ONE power cord.

I need one, would like 3 or 4. would buy as many as 6 if i had to. But one would suffice. Willing to pay a reasonable price.

Anyone have a source for these things?

Zc

Hosa makes them:

Hosatech Power Cord, IEC C9 to NEMA 1-15P, 8 ft -
    John R. Frondelli
    dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

COnsidering that the little IEC male with the same mounting dimensions as that two pronger costs less than a dollar, I usually install the 3-wire male on the instrument and forget the odd cord.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
        COnsidering that the little IEC male with the same mounting dimensions as that two pronger costs less than a dollar, I usually install the 3-wire male on the instrument and forget the odd cord.
        Same here. I don't know why Roland chooses to use the 2-pole plug. This is the same company that helped to hammer out MIDI standards!
        John R. Frondelli

Comment

Originally posted by jrfrond View Post
          Same here. I don't know why Roland chooses to use the 2-pole plug. This is the same company that helped to hammer out MIDI standards!
          Is Roland using that power cable on their new devices? Shame on them!

Back in the 70's I was the parts supervisor at Pacific Stereo and all of the companies were using their own proprietary detachable power cables. And often different cables for different models. Back then in 1975 prices the power cables often cost as much as $25. Ouch!

So I consider the standardization of the IEC power cables and sockets to be one of the most important developments of the late 20th Century.

I have noticed that a lot of the portable radio,cd and/or cassette players often have a small power cable and plug, probably because the normal IEC cable is just too big. Now if we could get the manufacturers of all of those players to adopt their own standard for a smaller two prong power cable that would be great. Especially since I have a brand new $100 CD/iPod player that I can't use because I misplaced the power cord.

Steve Ahola
          The Blue Guitar
          www.blueguitar.org
          Some recordings:
          https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

IEC has pretty much become standard, but there are a few exceptions still. There are even some keyboards out there (e.g. Clavia) that use a Panasonic cable! Go figure.
            John R. Frondelli

Comment

I thought i was going to have to hack out the hole to fit an IEC but I managed to find one the EXACT same size that dropped right into the hole and bolted up like it was stock! Perfect. no more mucking about looking for one of those dumb cords. now any IEC standard computer type cord can be used!

Thanks

Comment

Yep.
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Just dropping in the IEC is the best bet. When Roland decided to use a NON-REMOVABLE cable on the XP-50, we purchased a pricey little IEC-sized punch to retrofit these keyboards. The AC cable always broke at the strain relief. Since those units were quite popular, we did fairly brisk business, and the punch still comes in handy. However, I digress: this is just indicative of some sort of mental block regarding AC cables.
                  John R. Frondelli

Comment

Pricey indeed. You big-city fellas....

Comment

Working...
                    X