Oberheim keyboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oberheim keyboard

A friend gave me a Matrix-6 keyboard to try and fix. Doesnt power up . Before the transformer is a small board . It has a fuse(good) , 3 caps , and an inductor?
    the caps test `ok on my multimeter , but is there a basic test for an inductor? This one has 4 connections. Anyway, i dont have any voltage coming out of this board.

The trans is a Bando EP-55 . The primary has 4 taps so i dont know which 2 to apply 120v -

I don't know the answer, but here's a site with the schematics and service manual.

http://www.tcapp.com/pub/synths/ober.../matrix6/docs/

I own a Matrix-6.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Your inductor is two coils around the same core. Each leg of the mains runs through it on into the circuit. It is just a filter. The two halves have contonuity or not.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

looks like i have continuity at the coils. I still dont have any voltage coming out of that first board. I assume one of the caps is bad? even though my meter reads ok .

Also ran 120v into the trans . O volts coming out of it. This is with the trans completely out of the keyboard.

Comment

Well THAT is your problem, not caps.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Enzo the board is Before the trans. Shouldnt it have 120v coming out of it ,TO the trans?

Comment

Well yes, but if the tranny is bad...

Flip the little board over and follow the traces, either with 120 applied or wuth an ohm meter and the board cold. if a little noise cap is open, it won't stop the 120v, and if one is shorted, it will either make the chassis hot or it will blow the wall breaker. Any caps on the incoming mains power board should not stop the 120 from getting to teh PT.

Comment

ok, the board is putting out 120v, i guess i didnt check it right the first time..

now to try and find a trans for this thing .

Comment

Working...
                X