peavy minx 110

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peavy minx 110

i just bought a peavy minx 110 used it once then turned it on a few hours later and it was making a loud humming noise and blew the fuse HELP.

while you're waiting
    It sounds like you have a shorted component in the output stage or power supply. You will need pref a meter and a soldering iron at least.
    My guess would have been that it had an output chip shorted like a lot of the modern small amps.
    But I found this post from Enzo

need schematic: peavey minx bass amp 30 watts - diyAudio

or a copy and paste
    PV is just about the most customer friendly company on this earth.

Send an email to parts@peavey.com and request the schematics.

There are at least three versions of the Minx. All have 10" speaker. There is the Minx, the Minx 110, and the Minx 110 " '91. Look on the serial number plate for the actual complete model name.

As with most any SS amp, if it blows fuses, you either have a shorted output device, a shorted rectifier in the power supply, or something less common. In that order.

The Minx and Minx 110 have a pair of little TO126 transistors for outputs - SJ2152, SJ2153. Though the listing says TO220. You can get any part from Peavey, or those two are TIP101 and TIP106 respectively. They are darlingtons.

The Minx 110 '91 version wised up andwent with a pair of TO3s - 70483100 and 70473100 which are MJ15015 and MJ15016 respectively. Note these are not darlingtons, and a little TO126 driver transistor is next to each.

In any case, check the output devices, which sit on the heat sink, for shorts, and check the power supply rectifiers for shorts.

Beyond that a shorted filter cap is a remote possibility, and a shorted power transformer even less likely than that. Enzo

Comment

Working...
    X