Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone Id the software program used to draw this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone Id the software program used to draw this?

Can someone please ID the program that was used to draw this layout?

http://i.imgur.com/KtJSB.gif

The author is fabiomayo, a member of this board, I don't think he's very active lately. If he is, perhaps he can chip in and reveal the secret ?

Thanks very much in advance.
    Valvulados

You can do layouts like that using common illustration software. Adobe Illustrator and Inkscape are two I have used. It's just alot of work to screw with shading parts and getting them sized properly (mainly caps). I've opted to just use schematic symbols.
    -Mike

Comment

looks like an OCD Illustrator effort,

here is some tube amp layout software written by Bancika over at ax84.com
      Software at DIY Fever

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

tedmich, what is OCD Illustrator? Did not find it anywhere?

You can do layouts like that using common illustration software.
        Yes, but where does he get all the neat components, etc? Did he draw one by one....
        Valvulados

Comment

You can do that easily with Corel Draw.
          You can create any of those components combining basic shapes, add any fills, including shading, then combine those to create a new custom symbol (socket, capacitor, whatever), which can be reused as manu times as you like, stretched to any size, etc.
          The wires are lines which can have any width and color, and can be smoothly bent as will.
          Best of all is that you can enhance and edit your drawing at will; you can stary with a basic black and white, rectangles and thin lines layout, and "beautify" it later.
          Give it a try.
          Of course there are many other equivalent programs, I only speak about what I actually use.
          That said, maybe this particular layout was drawn using some specific software, but Corel and similar ones are universal.
          In fact I bought my first real PC (a 386 with 4Mb Ram, wow!) and Laser Printer, around 1993, specifically to run Corel Draw 2 (Front panels art , Manuals/brochures and Publicity artwork) and Protel Autotrax or Tango PCB.
          Up to that point, it was tracing paper , Technical Pens with India Ink , Letraset, and *a lot* of patience.
          Better do it right from the beginning!! Practically impossible to correct mistakes.
          You kids (he he) have everything easy these days.
          End of grumpy old man rambling.
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by jmaf View Post
            Thanks for the replies.

tedmich, what is OCD Illustrator? Did not find it anywhere?

Yes, but where does he get all the neat components, etc? Did he draw one by one....
            Sorry, was trying to be funny, I meant Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) on Abobe Illustrator (or on Corel Draw)

I would just try Bancika's software and build the amp rather than creating wonderfully shaded and colored tube socket images....but to each their own!

IMO why waste your time making overly nice pictures of amps? Its like making a painting of food....

Comment

This was done in VISIO, component libraries for tube amp layouts are available for download from various fora on the net.
              Aleksander Niemand
              Zagray! amp- PG review Aug 2011
              Without the freedom to criticize, there is no true praise. -Pierre Beaumarchais, playwright (1732-1799)

Comment

Originally posted by Alex/Tubewonder View Post
                This was done in VISIO, component libraries for tube amp layouts are available for download from various fora on the net.
                Thanks so much for the information.

For anyone interested, I found the info through Alex's tip. If interested, download here:

Index of /Jelle

The .vss and .vsx files contain all the stencils.

This material was kindly shared by Normster, a member of DIY Tube forum.

And here's where the discussion led to the sharing of these beautiful components:

diytube.com :: View topic - designing a spring reverb
                Valvulados

Comment

Originally posted by jmaf View Post
                  Sure. That's what I do, kinda. At one point in time I did each component, but it's kinda pointless (chassis layout.jpg). I just use schematic symbols now, for the most part (example.png). It's really easy to do parts libraries, it's just alot of work when you first start up because you've got to get the size of every part on the board.
                  Attached Files
                  -Mike

Comment

Originally posted by defaced View Post
                    Sure. That's what I do, kinda. At one point in time I did each component, but it's kinda pointless (chassis layout.jpg). I just use schematic symbols now, for the most part (example.png). It's really easy to do parts libraries, it's just alot of work when you first start up because you've got to get the size of every part on the board.
                    Yes, I started drawing each component, in fact I got tens of them done and was able to produce some decent layouts on a popular drawing program. It took me about a week correcting little details here and there, until I had a set of components for simple amps.

When I saw the above layout I just wondered if there was a program meant just for this. VISIO is pretty cool, I used it when it was owned by another company, probably in the early 2000's, then never used it again.
                    Valvulados

Comment

Working...
                    X