No announcement yet.

Behringer 3282A - Help with input board troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Enzo - I wanted to replace the A1084 PNP transformer with the proper PNP transformer - so I don't have to bend the pins on the new one. So I went to Digikey and Mouser - and neither supply the A1084 anymore. I'm finding it difficult to locate any PNP transformers with a BCE pinout. Most have a CBE pinout. Do you have any idea what would be a proper replacement for an A1084?

Comment

Please...tran SISTORs.

We look at the flat side of the transistor then left to right. Those 2SA1084 are ECB, not BCE. US types like 2N5088 or MPSA06 are EBC.

A 2SA1016 would work I am sure. B&D has them for 59 cents, MCM has them for 19 cents.

Now let me ask you, didn't you get the bosrd working with some other transistor? Even though you may have had to turn the part sideways, does it not work? There is no point in pulling the working parts out just to put in different ones that look better. Just that many more opportunities to damage something or weaken the copper traces from soldering too many times.

If your mixer works, STOP FIXING IT!!!
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

That's a good rule.

The two problems you had with the Behr - (1) technician error, ie breaking it a bit more instead of fixing it, and (2) physical damage to circuit connection, are both very common in my experience. So of course are many others, so many that a list wouldn't really be possible. In approaching a problem you need both a truly open mind (Grasshopper) and a wide set of possibilities supplied by experience. Your set just widened by two.

I know I'm getting all Zen about it but the process of getting better at troubleshooting is in part I think the acquisition of a certain breadth of mind. That's why experienced technicians can get impatient with someone who gives a list of symptoms and then wonders why the tech can't then (a) tell them what the problem is, and (b) quote for fixing it. If you're looking for the right guy to fix your amp, 'Could be a lot of things' is usually the answer you want to hear! The fact that it is also the answer that a completely ignorant person might give takes right to the heart of nirvana .

Comment

Hey, it IS a zen thing, I call it that all the time. I get all "I am one with the amp" inside. And at this point in my life, I do a lot of things in circuits without thinking about them, and I have to stop and THINK about why I just did such and such when someone asks. Often as not explaining something here is a good way to clarify in my own mind just what a circuit is doing.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X