Crossover for 2n4348

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossover for 2n4348

Would a 2n3773 be a working crossover for a 2n4348? If not what would be?

I give up. What's a 2N4348, and where and how is it used?

2N3773 is a hefty power transistor, similar to an MJ15003. or a MJ15024.

OK, here, 2N4348 in RCA, 10a, 120v, 120W NPN. SO yes, 2N3773, MJ15003, Mj15024 all ought to drop in its place.

But you really don't want to mix them, which is why I wonder what it is used in. If there is a row of four 2N4348, don;t stick one 2N3773 in there in place of just one of them. You would want to replace the whole row.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Its a WEM SL100 slave head. Came in with DC on the output jacks. It uses 2x 2N4348's for the output section. Ill replace them both. Thanks

Comment

I don't know the amp, you have schematics?

As on any solid state amp, check the ballast resistors for opens, check the driver transistors and their resistors too.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Unfortunately I cannot find a schematic. There is very little information on these slave heads. Apparently Pink Floyd used them and it can be seen on the "Live at Pompeii" DVD. Thats the only information I was able to find. Thank you for the troubleshooting advise. If anyone has any info on the unit im sure my customer would appreciate it.

Comment

Try this:

1975 100w Power Amp Schematic

For others, google WEM schematic.

Comment

After binning literally hundreds of acquired semiconductors last month, I believe I actually have those. I will check our parts database tomorrow.
              John R. Frondelli
              dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

Working...
              X