Mackie HD 1521 component search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mackie HD 1521 component search

I have a Mackie HD 1521 in for repair. Q1 is shorted (1XTQ22N50P) Does anyone know of a source for these?

Thanks.
    Last edited by WholeToneMusic; 08-10-2010, 09:39 PM. Reason: add part #
    Helping musicians optimize their sound.

First, that is not a 1X... it is an IX... eye-ex, not one-ex.

The IXTQ is a 400ns speed. And 500v, 22A, 0.27 ohm.

Mouser has the 22N50 in some other formats, and they are faster. Yours are TO3p, which Mouser has back ordered, but they have some other shapes that ought to work. I didn't look at Allied, Digikey, Newark, etc. Use the correct number for a search, someone may have the exact part. But the core 22N50 is what you are looking for.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for the info, Even with a magnifier I was having a hard time reading the component. Sometimes I wipe a bit of the heat sink goop over it to help the part # stand out. The white goop gets into the cracks and makes it easier to read. Have you had any of HD1521s or 31s come through your shop with power supply issues?

Comment

I was able to find a suitable replacement at Digikey, Thanks again for the specs Enzo.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by WholeToneMusic View Post
          Sometimes I wipe a bit of the heat sink goop over it to help the part # stand out. The white goop gets into the cracks and makes it easier to read
          Thats a smart idea. I'll have to try that. hitting 40+ has made reading small stuff hard, even with glasses.

Comment

Well, I am collecting Social Security, and believe me, it doesn't get easier after 60. I have a number of magnifying lenses on the bench. One I use a lot has a heavy metal base like they use on those "extra hand" soldering aids.

Elsewhere on the board someone suggested a loupe, which I think is a fine idea. I think that was JM Fahey's plan.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
              Elsewhere on the board someone suggested a loupe, which I think is a fine idea. I think that was JM Fahey's plan.
              Yea I have 10X loupe I use for inspecting solder joints an traces. They work well.

Comment

We had this really cool and expensive table top mounted magnifier that had a color screen and was very detailed when I was in the dental field.

Comment

HD 1521 while we are on it

I have had two with blown HF drivers (looked like DC). These are the same drivers found in their 450s. Anyone ever see this before, looks like maybe an AMP issue.

Comment

Certainly more than one amp can blow up, but if two speakers come in from the same customer with blown tweeters, I generally suspect the customer rather than the equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                      Certainly more than one amp can blow up, but if two speakers come in from the same customer with blown tweeters, I generally suspect the customer rather than the equipment.
                      Right - I think so, but I have been reading up on failures in general with this line recently.

Comment

Working...
                      X