Preamp and Blend Control...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preamp and Blend Control...

Ok...I have a challenging situation. First off...I know, I know. "Buy a pedal"....I have plenty of those. I'm trying to rig up something that is useful for me and I'm finding that I'm enjoying the challenge itself more than I will probably enjoy the result. I have two distortion preamps wired up in my guitar. I have a parallel signal split from the master volume into each preamp. One is set for a clean unity gain (or something to that effect) and the other is set with the type of distortion I like. My plan was to wire them up to a blend control so I could have a clean tone or dial in as little or as much dirt as I want on the fly.
    So here is where I am at so far. I have both preamps wired to a Bourns dual-gang audio pot and so far it actually works okay. Even with the taper being the same on top and bottom. However, where I have the problem is that when the knob is turned fully counter-clockwise I still have a little distortion mixed in with the clean and vice-versa. I feel I'm very close to achieving my original goal and that perhaps bouncing off a few other people might help me to reach the final result. I have the dual-ganged pot wired like a standard blend/balance pot with the output from each preamp wired to the wiper. Any thoughts or suggestions?
    I know this is a little out of the ordinary but there's a first time for everything, right?
    Thanks,
    -Matt

Oh, I forgot to mention that the pot itself is 25K.

Comment

Working...
    X