• Sometimes cleaning is needed

A channels out
    I wonder why?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Dustbunnyhell-sm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	862951
    The dust bunnies were breeding in this thing.
    This is the worst I have seen!

Yeugh! :X

I remember a Spanish PA amp maker called Ecler. They used to have a gallery on their site that showed what abuse their amps could stand. One of their customers used one as a servo drive for a CNC wood router, and it was completely full of sawdust.
    "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

What amp model is that?
      A Crown what.
      What I hate is the fogger crap in power amps.
      Wet dust bunnies!

Comment

That's actually pretty typical for the amps we get in from permanent installs here in NYC. Dust bunnies, dead (sometimes live) critters, mouse poop..... an assortment of goodies!

A good Shop Vac, 90psi from the compressor and Electrowash are what we use on stuff like this. We go through foam filters like crazy!
        John R. Frondelli
        dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

What amp model is that? A Crown what.
          Crown XLS402

Comment

That's actually pretty typical for the amps we get in from permanent installs here in NYC.
            Yea i have had them fairly dirty but this has been the worst.
            The funny part is the channel thats dead seams to be ok as far as the output transisters. no shorts, bias seems to be working.
            Signal is just lost at input. probably input cap or diff amp transister

Comment

After being choked to death, the only thing wrong with the units 1 channel was a 33K resister in the diff. amp section. (R14A) open
              Crown XLS202 402 602.pdf

Comment

I see nothing wrong there.
                Obviously the guy used it to vacuum his appartment. []
                Seriously, all fan cooled equipment should have a *big* sticker stating "vacuum/compressed air clean once a year", with a row of checkboxes printed in it.
                Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
                X