Behringer part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer part

I need one of these parts like a month ago!

Behringer Y00-33951-23154 100k Alps Fader from Behringer

I ordered some from fullcompass 2 months ago. they were supposed to only take two weeks and now nearly 2 months I still don't have them and they have no Idea when they will get them. I need 1 bad.

What is it used in?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

PMX2000 EQ is where I need it

Comment

so 20mm travel.

ANy chance this will fit?
        RA202BF-21-05GB-B15 Alpha (Taiwan) Slide Potentiometers

Since you have the actual Behr part number, contact our own John Frondelli at dbm Pro Services, he stocks a lot of Behr parts.

Here is the deal with Behringer parts right now. A couple months ago or so, they changed everything. The people at Behringer out in Bothell, WA, are no longer handling th parts. Ther are a couple regional parts centers, and anyone who sells their parts now gets them through these companies. But in boxing it all up and moving it and getting inventories all ready, there were no parts being shipped until quite recently. At least I think they have started filling orders. I had an irate customer recently, and he went packing elsewhere, because I couldn't get what I needed from Behr. Customer called Behr on me to complain and was told it wan't my fault, it was this big upheaval. I suspect that is what is going on at Full COmpass. But I THINK John has a lot of the parts already in stock, especially since that is not a brand new model.

At worst, you said HI to John and he tells you "no."
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

The part number is in our system, and it looks like we had them at one point, but we are out of stock currently. Due to the restructuring of Behringer's entire business model and changes in parts distribution, we are not exactly sure when those parts will become available again, if ever. I am positive the Full Compass, which is a reliable outfit, is wondering the same thing. Sorry I can't be of more help.
          John R. Frondelli
          dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

Thanks guys, I guess I'll play the waiting game.

Comment

Pull up the data sheet on the part I linked and see if the footprint works.

Comment

Just FYI- my vendor information shows that this fader is by Alps, and is in the RS20-series, which I see in an old catalog here, but not on their website, where they no longer specify 20mm faders. Alpha could very well have a crossover part. The value is 100KW center-detent. The Alps vendor# is: RS20H113D95W15. By all accounts, it's a custom part, and non-RoHs, BTW.
                John R. Frondelli

Comment

If the Alpha fits the footprint, it is 100k linear, which should work well enough - move it to the top end position, why not. And live with the lack of detent.

I found the same part that Behr used - or so it seems - except the value is only 20k - in a Samson mixer.

It is like any pot, they are all custom made, but they are custom specificed from the same list of options.

Comment

The alpha parts not even close, thanks though.
                    I have just been told by fullcompass that the part wont be available till march and that isn't a promise.
                    This is a notification to inform you that we have been experiencing a very long delay with receiving service parts from Behringer. This is due to a change in their distribution. At this time we are being told the parts on your web order will be on back order until the beginning of March. This date is not a guaranteed date of arrival, it could possibly take longer.
                    So I'm back to begging for a used one if anyone has one.
                    This is going to cost Behringer in the long run. A couple of local shops I tried said they will no longer buy beringer because of issues with warranty related to parts availability.
                    I'm not going to take anymore without letting the customer know that he may have to wait a very long time to get it back. otherwise I don't want the hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by Techknowman View Post
                      The alpha parts not even close, thanks though.
                      I have just been told by fullcompass that the part wont be available till march and that isn't a promise.

So I'm back to begging for a used one if anyone has one.
                      This is going to cost Behringer in the long run. A couple of local shops I tried said they will no longer buy beringer because of issues with warranty related to parts availability.
                      I'm not going to take anymore without letting the customer know that he may have to wait a very long time to get it back. otherwise I don't want the hassle.
                      Well, there ya go! It's pretty much like I said, to wit, a radical change in distibution dynamics. Essentially, Behinger GmbH has dissolved Behringer USA and has appointed regional USA distributors, who handle multiple lines, to handle sales and parts, so there is no centralized importation or distribution point. This offloading of sales and support (if there IS any support) to multiple-line distributors means that there is no one company in the USA with it's centralized focus on Behringer. Personally, I don't like it, but Uli Behringer has traditionally been a trendsetter in this business, so who knows if other companies might follow suit?
                      John R. Frondelli

Comment

Good News!
                        I got an Email from Fullcompass saying that my parts shipped. Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!
                        Maybe this is good news for everyone! Maybe parts are starting to flow again.... Fingers crossed.

Comment

Hi John...and gang
                          How was NYE?
                          That is interesting what Behringer is doing in shelving the Behringer owned US distribution. I remember when Samson was the distributor and had warehouses full of broken units and few parts. That you and me basically splitting all that crap, a that arrived in a furniture hauler, and filled my warehouse with over 500 units, lots of them 9000 consoles on Monday morning. No service information, no parts and no reusable boxes piled 5 feet tall filling 5,000 square warehouse. Doubt many pro audio shops had a spare 5,000 sq foot secure, temperature controlled space. The only good part was that for a while Behringer paid good money for their major problem to go away. After they started building up a real support office, it went even downhill from there. The service manager rewrote the contract effectively retroactively, and stuck me with $10s of thousands of dollars in unpaid bills and custom made reinforced boxed we had made by their request to ship those consoles. I think they finally learned that creating a major distribution system by hiring salesmen instead of knowledgeable people was a recipe for disaster.
                          There was a 1000% difference dealing with Germany and Singapore than dealing with Behringer USA. I was back to Willich 3 times and found the company pretty pleasant to deal with but they really did not know until later they had a big problem of their own making in the US.

All this brings me to my question. The national distributor here is asking me what is wrong with parts, they can't get what they need and hate working on low end musician gear since most of their work in broadcast, major venue, and satellite earth stations. The stuff is selling here but getting it fixed is about as hopeless as any other brand since parts are just not available. Who are the parts distributors in the US now, and how much stock do they have? Who is managing, or is there, a warranty network? Have the prices through these new distributors been driven through the roof? I might need to get my stock from the US.

Comment

Oh yeah, those SAMSON days!!! What a nightmare! When I was the service manager there for one LONG year in '99, I had my first contact with Behringer, and man, was it CRYPTIC! They've come a long way, and I really do believe that Uli leads the pack for business models in this industry, so my current attitude is to wait and see where it all winds up. Behringer has been in a state of flux for awhile now with their USA operations. Don't know anything about Europe or elsewhere. I DO know that, due to the low cost and disposability of most Behringer products, the valuable space we have dedicated to spare parts will be reduced sometime in the near future, and we will stick to the 40-50 items that are the most profitable, along with a shopping cart script. Power supplies are one of them. We sell them every day. Speakers and diaphragms are another. Faders and jacks too.
                            John R. Frondelli

Comment

What about ordering direct? It has no bearing on my small operation, but while in the past I had to place small orders through Behr USA, and now Starin, if I wanted to order $300 or more, I could place an order through the Behr parts portal. I don;t know where the other end of that was located, but it was there for me to pursue.

Comment

Working...
                              X